Groundwire+GV+? for calling over wifi

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by greensnow, Mar 3, 2011.

1. greensnow macrumors newbie

I installed Groundwire+Google Voice+Sipgate, that's supposed to be the best combo. However Sipgate apparently ran out of numbers so is there a good alternative to sipgate I can use?

2. xavierpunkreno macrumors 6502

All you need is a google voice account and talkatone from the app store.

3. gooddeal macrumors regular

gooddeal

My experience w/ talkatone is not good. Calls got disconnected after a couple minutes and the voice quality is marginal.

4. greensnow thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks guys...any other suggestions? mostly just looking for a substitute for sipgate, I searched the hell outta google and didnt find anything.

there is a big list in groundwire of sip providers...freephonie, spikko, sipgate, voipcheap, gizmo5, callcentric, voipfone, etc. Just dont want to have to sign up for 45 different clients and find out the last one works haha

thanks for your help!

5. intoxicated662 macrumors regular

I was in your position before and so far, the best combo I've found has been this: infinite sms (for gv text), talkatone (for making calls) & textfree (for receiving calls). However, you're stuck with 2 options so you'll either end up blocking your # (unknown is what it'll say on their caller id) but u can see who is calling you OR allow them to see your # on their caller id but when they call u, it'll show your gv #. I haven't found a fix for this yet but so far, so good and no problems here.