Groundwire+GV+? for calling over wifi

greensnow

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 3, 2011
I installed Groundwire+Google Voice+Sipgate, that's supposed to be the best combo. However Sipgate apparently ran out of numbers so is there a good alternative to sipgate I can use?

gooddeal

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2008
PA
My experience w/ talkatone is not good. Calls got disconnected after a couple minutes and the voice quality is marginal.

greensnow

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 3, 2011
thanks guys...any other suggestions? mostly just looking for a substitute for sipgate, I searched the hell outta google and didnt find anything.

there is a big list in groundwire of sip providers...freephonie, spikko, sipgate, voipcheap, gizmo5, callcentric, voipfone, etc. Just dont want to have to sign up for 45 different clients and find out the last one works haha

thanks for your help!

intoxicated662

macrumors regular
Feb 29, 2008
I was in your position before and so far, the best combo I've found has been this: infinite sms (for gv text), talkatone (for making calls) & textfree (for receiving calls). However, you're stuck with 2 options so you'll either end up blocking your # (unknown is what it'll say on their caller id) but u can see who is calling you OR allow them to see your # on their caller id but when they call u, it'll show your gv #. I haven't found a fix for this yet but so far, so good and no problems here.