Group application launcher & closer

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by robgendreau, Jan 8, 2015.

1. robgendreau macrumors 68030

There are so many application and file launchers out there, but I am looking for something that also CLOSES applications.

For example, it would open say a couple of image editing applications and maybe image files too. But then it would also shut down those applications with a click. And it would be very cool if it opened them in a designated desktop Space. I've found quite a few that can launch groups, but never anything that could also close them. Not that big a deal, but I figure if I'm gonna get a launcher this would be a way to distinguish them.

2. chabig macrumors 68040

Try command-tab. Hold down the command key while you tab from app to app. When you are on an app you want to quit, tap the Q key. It's very fast.

3. robgendreau thread starter macrumors 68030

Thanks, I'm aware of that. And although I didn't mention it, one thing I'm hoping is that a launcher with group closing capability would be easier to automate. Some launchers also do things like adjust screen and volume, mount volumes, etc etc. Probably should have been more specific, but a good suggestion nonetheless.