Group emails

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by drater, Jul 21, 2007.

1. drater macrumors 6502a

drater

I looked around, but couldn't find anything. Is there anyway to make a group e-mail? Like add 10 people to a "Friends" list, and then just click that every time I want to send an e-mail to those people? I'm on an e-mail chain and its a pain to start an e-mail every time I want to write one.

Also, I just got a g-mail e-mail from the people on my chain, surprisingly I clicked, "reply to all" and it only shows the person who sent it, and not the rest of the people. Is there a problem there? shouldn't it be writing back to everyone?

Please let me know, thanks guys.

2. Goldenbear macrumors regular

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=329762

I talked to someone at an Apple Store about this. She had managed to create a group entry using Mail, but I couldn't duplicate it myself. She said it was a "Smart Group", but none of my Smart Groups show up in iTunes, so I can't transfer them to my iPhone.

For now, I just keep copies of emails that have the distribution groups I want, then just hit "Reply to All". Works fine for me.

3. mac2thefuture macrumors 65816

Anyone got any ideas ?

4. alabare macrumors member

I got as far as creating a group on my mac which transfers over to my iphone...but no luck in mailing all under that list. Seems odd that you can view the groups you create, but can't opt to choose them all for mailing.

5. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

Did the group entry that the Apple Rep created show up on your iPhone?

6. Goldenbear macrumors regular

No, she was just showing it to me on her iPhone.