Group Imessage

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by vc73287n, Oct 1, 2013.

1. vc73287n macrumors member

vc73287n

Does anyone know if apple updated ios7 to allow yourself to be removed from a group message? My friends like to put me in group messages and text all night long. Pretty annoying. I am on call and have to keep my phone on at all times, therefore I cannot just simply use airplane mode or dnd. Any suggesstions would be great! ( other then "tell them to remove you and start another group chat without you: doesnt work when you have a bunch of stifflers for friends lol )

2. liteshow macrumors regular

When you are on call, do you get phone calls from specific phone umbers? If you do, then what I would do is put those on call numbers in your contact list and add them to your favourites. Remove your group chatty friends from favourites. Turn on Do not disturb, set Allow Calls From -> Favourites.

So you still get your friends text until Do not disturb kicks in. Your on call callers will still be able to contact you 24/7.

3. cynics macrumors G3

I run into the same thing. Luckily like mentioned when I'm on call I get calls from the same few numbers. I put those numbers on my favorites and allow favorites to call me in DnD.

You cannot remove yourself from a group text message in iOS 7 unfortunately.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

DND can also be set up to let calls from anyone through so basically you can use it only to allow calls trough but silence all other notifications (like those from messages).