Group Message issue - iOS8

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by djr7572, Mar 21, 2015.

1. djr7572 macrumors regular

When you're included in a group chat, aren't you supposed to have the option of leaving the chat? Every time I'm dragged into a group chat with these two, the "Leave this Conversation" option is ghosted and I can't leave - I have to delete the message if I don't want to participate.

Am I perhaps missing something in Settings that will turn this option on? You'd think it would be on by default. Just can't figure out why "Leave this Conversation" is ghosted every time.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. soy macrumors member

soy

The John Fleming guy doesn't have a FaceTime icon, so I assume he doesn't have iMessage either?

I think you can only leave the group if it's pure iMessage (because it has to update the group on the other people's phones so any new messages don't get sent to you, and Apple can't do so for text messages)

3. djr7572 thread starter macrumors regular

Strange, he's missing the FaceTime icon, but I know he's on iMessage because his other texts are showing up as blue/iMessage.

4. brett429 macrumors member

He may have FaceTime disabled on his end.

I think your "leave this conversation" button is grayed out because there are only 3 people in the group message - I believe the minimum for this feature to work is 4 people (no clue why, though!).

5. djr7572 thread starter macrumors regular

Interesting, yet frustrating, too :confused:

That's really lame, if that's the case. But, I digress ...