Group messages are being split up.

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by WinterWolf90, Apr 19, 2017.

1. WinterWolf90 macrumors 6502

im having an issue suddenly where if someone sends a group text it any reply is going into a single reply for that persons messages, I've never had this problem before. Are there any suggestions to fix this?

2. zackattack784 macrumors member

I've had this issue. It was displaying correctly on my phone but not my iPad. I removed my iPad from my iCloud account and then added it again. That fixed it for me. If it's happening on your phone other than making sure group messaging is turned on I can't think of any other solutions.

3. WinterWolf90 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you for the reply. I will try this and see what happens. I think it was the same situation as yours. was happening on my iPad and not my phone.

4. Banglazed macrumors 6502

Banglazed

1. On the message setting make sure Group Message and MMS Measaging is turned on. Turn off and then turn back on iMessage or ...

2. Turn off iPhone, remove the SIM card, re-position SIM card and turn on iPhone after placing it back in or ...

3. If all failed, go to General>Reset>Reset Network Settings (this will remove all WIFI passwords)

5. apb89 macrumors regular

I think this is related to the sender? Many android phones treat group texts as single messages sent to multiple people individually.. if I am not mistaken.