group messages notifications.

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by yanki01, Apr 9, 2015.

1. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

On group text messages, I get a "To you, x, x, x, x" then displays the message. I cannot find a way to remove who it's sent to.

2. Ledgem macrumors 65816

Ledgem

Are you referring to the part of the screen above the message but below where it says "Group"? If you don't want to see how's in the group, then name that group conversation. Tap "Details" and then swipe downward; at the top of the screen you'll see "Group Name: Enter a Group Name." Name it what ever you like (knowing that everyone in the group will see the same group name). From then on you won't see the individual people in the group listed on the message screen; you'll need to tap on "Details" to see who is in the group.

Note also that the group name can be changed or removed at a later time.

3. aarontsuru macrumors regular

aarontsuru

can you only name the group if everyone is on imessage? we've got a long running mix group message and I see no where to name it.

4. bunger macrumors 6502

I'm seeing this same issue with notifications. If I receive a text while in another app, the notification contains the TO people and it takes up all of the space....

5. Ledgem macrumors 65816

Ledgem

Hmm, you're right - seems that you can't rename it if it isn't an iMessage-based group message.