Group of Dead Pixels on MacBook Screen

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by mooshi00, Jul 11, 2008.

1. mooshi00 macrumors newbie

I've had my MacBook for a while, and it has been fine, but recently, I opened the MacBook to check my E-Mail, and I found a group of dead pixels on the screen! I don't recall Dropping or applying pressure to the screen at all which is why I found this odd. It's about 8 dead pixels so I'm wondering what to do as I've never had a problem with any Apple product before. Anyone have suggestions? Other than just "dealing with it" because it is really annoying and I don't think I will ever get over it haha.

2. myuserid08 macrumors 6502

3. mooshi00 thread starter macrumors newbie

Take it back to the apple store? Or what? I've never had to "take anything back" before. What will they do? Replace just the screen? Is that possible? do I need to call in or something first? How long will the whole process take? I am still under warrantee I believe, and sorry for all the questions.

EDIT: If I change the angle that I'm looking at the screen with, it seems that the dead pixels are underneath the screen! If that made sense. If there was an image on the screen, it's just a dot behind the image, not a break in the image itself. So that's kind of odd.

4. myuserid08 macrumors 6502

Give Apple a call first, explain your situation and they will advise on what to do next, exchange, repair etc.