Group SMS= Group MMS (Won't Allow Group SMS)!?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by legaleye3000, Jul 30, 2009.

1. legaleye3000 macrumors 65816

I'm on T-Mobile USA, iPhone 3GS, using the MMS hack allowing me to send and receive MMS.

For some reason, when I want to send a group sms, once I add a second person in the Messaging app, it automatically says "Group MMS" at the top. When I send them, the other people receive the message as a MMS.

Is this a known bug with 3.0 or an issue if you are using the MMS hack? Anyone have this happen?

Thanks

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Im trying to do the same thing with AT&T and it gives me an error.
    I cant send a group SMS at all.

3. BeauGiles macrumors member

This is not a bug, or a side effect from the MMS hack, but actually a feature depending on your carrier.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3529

This ensures that your conversations remain threaded, and when people reply to your MMS it's actually sent to everyone that was in the original conversation.

This behaviour can be easily rectified with a modified value in your carrier's bundle, as I have done in this thread/tutorial here: http://www.mactalk.com.au/2009/07/30/thursday-how-to-fixing-group-sms-sending-as-mms-and-more-2/

Hope this helped :)

4. skasol macrumors 6502

is there a way to enable MMS on iphone 3gs on at&t?

don't mean to hijack your post just wondering if we could, I know you could do it on the 2g, but wasn't sure if you could do it on the 3gs.

thanks for your feedback.

5. legaleye3000 thread starter macrumors 65816

Does your post include info for USA carriers or just Australia? Or is it all the same? Thanks