group text?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Nrwrit3r, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Nrwrit3r macrumors 6502a

is there a way to have some preset so that i can send a text to a "group" of people at once? i know that an interface for responses would be complicated and i wouldn't want that, but just a quick way for me to have quicksend groups or something?

so that i could just compose a msg, add "group1" and it be sent to those 5 people or whatever?

2. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

If you send a text to a bunch of people once you can just go back to that conversation and send a new message and all will receive again.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes once u send a group text the selected group stays there so you can resent a message to those people again.

4. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

but is there a way to BCC these numbers or can you put them into a group somehow? if so I cant figure it out. mine always have everyone's number posted. cause I forward a bunch of smutt!! :D

5. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

6. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

What are you even talking about?

"mine always have everyone's number posted"

your what? your group texts? because that doesn't happen or make sense.

7. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

you dont get out much do you?? :confused: Im talking about "Blind Carbon Copy" when you forward or send several people a text at once. I was wanting to know if anyone knew of a way to do this without everyone seeing all of the other numbers it is sent to just like in an email. I know when my friends send me one like that I cant see the other numbers they are sent to. and it does make perfect sense it just may be over your head so you dont need to respond we can let someone else do it. but thanks!

8. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

really? i never noticed that before when i got a text from someone and i was part of their "group text" ive never been able to see who else was part of that group

9. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

the only reason I know its there is if they reply to what I said you can see my original and all the numbers are there.

10. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

but can you confirm the recepiant can see them all to, im pretty sure they are just listed to remind you it was originally a group text so any replies to those replies will copy everyone again,

im almost positive on their end it always looks like a one on one convo

11. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

I did have one person say something months ago but I dont know what phone they had and havent tried to confirm since. I will do that today and let you know.