Group Texting Issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AJAAY, Aug 19, 2017.

1. AJAAY macrumors regular

I've been having a weird issue that has started to happen over the last week or so. I'm having an issue with messages from group text conversations coming in severely delayed or not at all. This is only happening with group texts that involve android users. I have no issue with sending individual texts (to iPhone or android) or group texts with only iPhone users. One point I did receive a message from "Unknown" and the message body said something like unable to send message.

I am on AT&T and have an iPhone 7 plus. One of my friends is experiencing a similar issue. She is also on AT&T with an iPhone 6s. I've done all the troubleshooting there is and even went into the AT&T store to get a brand new sim card, and still having issues. Actually with the new sim card I've yet to receive any messages from any group texts.

I'm just trying to figure out of any other iPhone AT&T users have experienced anything similar?

*If this is not the right sub-forum, please move to the appropriate forum. Thank you.

2. BigMcGuire Contributor

BigMcGuire

I've always had problems group texting with android users. Always. First, you have to make sure that Settings --> Messages --> Send as SMS is turned on because android users don't have iMessage. Then you'll find that always doesn't work.

Then, you'll be like my family/friends who move to Telegram because it allows any device to communicate without problems.

I'm on Verizon and I've given up on SMS. My family, friends, and coworkers use Telegram and we haven't looked back for years now.

3. akash.nu macrumors 68030

akash.nu

I thought you couldn't do a group chat with Android people anyway because their response always comes as separate text thanks to not being on iMessage platform.