grouped table view

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by geiger10d, Feb 22, 2011.

1. geiger10d macrumors member

how do i make the first table in a table view a grouped table view? i know i have to look for a initwithstyle and change it to grouped? but there is no initwithstyle in the first view of the table

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

I'm not clear on what you mean. You mean the first section of a table? If so you can't do that: either the entire table (all sections) is grouped or the entire table isn't.

3. geiger10d thread starter macrumors member

i guess my question is how to change a table view to grouped

for example if my table looks like

cell1--(click)-->info
    cell2--(click)--info

how do i get the table view to be grouped

4. PhoneyDeveloper macrumors 68030

PhoneyDeveloper

If you're creating the root view controller in IB then there is a setting in IB for the style. If you're creating it in code then there's a setting in the init method.

5. geiger10d thread starter macrumors member

can you post some code to see what the area its in looks like? because there is no initwithstyle i can find, i can only find that on the second view of the table view

6. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

I wish you'd stop saying things like "second view of the table view" as this makes no sense at all: table views have exactly one view: the table view. If you are pushing a second view controller for the "info" this is a second view controller that stands 100% on it's own: it's not the "second view" of anything.

As for how to set the style in Interface Builder this image from http://adeem.me/blog/2009/05/20/iphone-sdk-tutorial-part-3-grouped-uitableview/ shows the setting in IB:

[​IMG]