Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jetheat

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 13, 2008
I'm using Apple Mail on Yosemite and for some reason, Mail has decided to group 2 separate conversations (with 2 different people).

I use Organize by Conversation but this grouping is done wrong.

Is there any way I can fix this without ungrouping all messages?

JH

KALLT

macrumors 603
Sep 23, 2008
I don’t think you can. It sounds strange though, normally Mail should only group mails with the same subject and recipients.

DisplacedMic

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2009
I'm using Apple Mail on Yosemite and for some reason, Mail has decided to group 2 separate conversations (with 2 different people).

I use Organize by Conversation but this grouping is done wrong.

Is there any way I can fix this without ungrouping all messages?

JH

mine is even grouping conversations with different participants AND subjects at random.

for example i have been emailing my friend Tim back and forth about buying a shop vac and all of a sudden my coworker Jennifer appears in the conversation with something entirely unrelated. what more is it has matched her name with the subject title from emails with Tim - but when i click on her name, it shows the correct email (and name) from Tim.

super annoying. it has made searching emails almost impossible. just go to gmail browser or, even worse, my work brower outlook which i would have thought was the most atrocious piece of software ever written before this started happening.

Jetheat

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 13, 2008
Same here. Have 4 entirely different convos grouped together.

JH

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.