Grouping tracks by artwork?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by irishgrizzly, Apr 19, 2007.

1. irishgrizzly macrumors 65816

irishgrizzly

Hello, I've been looking at the different views in itunes. The middle one (Show items in a list grouped by artwork) when I look at it shows the same album many times with a few tracks on each occurrence. For example;

Album cover : tracks 1-3

Same album cover : tracks 4&8

Same album cover : remaining tracks

So, is there a way I can get them to display all under the same album.

2. Cinematographer macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

When this problem occurs: what happens when you click on the column header to sort the list by album?

3. Howard Brazee macrumors 6502

Howard Brazee

That was my first question too. I've had albums that appeared to have the same title, but which repeat. My solution is to select a song in one album, cut the title, then select all of the songs in the other album, to change the title to what I paste from the other.

When this happens, the two iPod albums consolidate.

4. irishgrizzly thread starter macrumors 65816

irishgrizzly

Tried cut and paste – no dice. I know sometimes a word being capitalised or not will change kick songs off album groupings.

It strange – if I click on the album name in the "Browser" they all appear together, as they should. Just repeats when I scroll down through them all.

5. Howard Brazee macrumors 6502

Howard Brazee

Hmmm. I tested this out - I'm getting the same thing. I never used this option before, but turned it on, sorted by album, and saw some "Greatest Hits" albums interspaced like this. I renamed these albums - adding on the artist in the title, and the problem went away.

6. triobot macrumors member

triobot

Select the tracks you want to be grouped, go to properties of all the tracks together and rename the Album name accordingly. this will eliminate any chance of a "wrong" name or whatever...

7. warfa macrumors regular

Dude you rock!