Groups / Contacts with more than one email?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by yelnref, Sep 14, 2010.

1. yelnref macrumors member

I often send photos to family/friends and would like to set up a group so I don't have to manually select a dozen addresses each time. However, many of my contacts have more than one email address and I would like to be able to specify which address photos get sent to. I can't work out if it's possible to set a default address to use.

Is there any way of doing this, preferably without duplicating contacts?

I've tried creating a PHOTO contact with all the emails on, but it just sends to one.

Many thanks to anyone who can help.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

1. Open Address Book.
    2. Right-click on a group and select "Edit Distribution List"
    3. Scroll through the contacts in the group, clicking once on the email address you want to be the default for each person.

3. yelnref thread starter macrumors member

Oh wow, thank you GGJstudios! Simple, huh? Really appreciate it.

4. DJY macrumors 6502a

DJY

I have used Contacts Groups for some time...
    and previously have utilised Edit Distribution List.

Recently my Address Book had major problems - and took me and Apple (a Senior Advisor in Ireland) several days / weeks to identify my issue was on one of my Groups. As a result we had to delete all my Groups.

I'm now starting to add my Groups back into my Address Book, but when I go into "Edit Distribution List" I can't see all of my Groups in the left hand column to be able to individually edit email addresses?

Only the first Group appears??? Anyone able to help?

e.g.
    I have groups in my Address Book called
    Apple
    Jokes
    Mates
    Work
    (not their actual Group Names)

And in Edit Distribution Lists - I can only see Apple (the first Group on the list(- but I need / want to be able to edit the others as well?

I have tried the Apple Support pages, tried a few searches in here and other forums without being able to find a solution?

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

What happens if you select a different group (such as Mates, in your example list) and then right-click on it and select "Edit Distribution List"?

6. DJY macrumors 6502a

DJY

HI mate - have already tried this option as well...
    if I right click mates the "Edit Distribution List" box appears but only with Apple in the right hand column.

Just tried renaming 'Apple' to 'zzApple' and that is still the only list that appears?!?!?!