Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hexum23

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2008
For those of you that own a grove case (bamboo case) for the iphone 4, have you had any reception issues? There was another thread called "My Grove Case" where the original poster ended up returning the case because he claimed it "made the phone flatline". I haven't heard of anyone else having reception issues, but it concerns me as these cases aren't cheap, especially since I'm getting one with a custom design. Could you please share you experiences with the case?

makefunnyfaces

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2010
West Virginia
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

They posted a specific percentage on their Facebook page, but they took it down. It was really low. I want to say 5% of people experienced issues, & it was only due to the area they lived in. Correct me if I'm wrong.

They seem to be very good about returns & such. They'll work with you if you're unsatisfied. I'd get one & test it out.

hexum23

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

They posted a specific percentage on their Facebook page, but they took it down. It was really low. I want to say 5% of people experienced issues, & it was only due to the area they lived in. Correct me if I'm wrong.

They seem to be very good about returns & such. They'll work with you if you're unsatisfied. I'd get one & test it out.

I certainly hope you are right. Can't wait for my case to arrive. Only 9 more weeks of waiting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.