Grove Cases?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Castle87, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Castle87 macrumors regular

So I just preordered a Grove case. For anyone who hasn't seen them, here they are. www.grovemade.com They're pretty pricey, but I love that whole natural, zen-like style. It feels like it's the yin to the iphone's yang. I think it's gonna look great on the white 5. Anyone getting one or has anyone gotten one for a previous phone?

2. Bakakage macrumors 6502

I read a while back that they had signal issues, was that fixed?

3. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

And they are very, very cheap feeling and weigh almost nothing at all. AND, even though they say it's fixed, they had problems with splitting. To me, I think it's a green gimmick and junk.

4. Castle87 thread starter macrumors regular

Really? I hadn't even thought of that. Hmmm

5. AFDoc, Sep 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2012

AFDoc macrumors 68030

Grove cases are ok but in my experience the wood cracks after a few months of use. Not worth the price IMHO but YMMV.

6. Castle87, Sep 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2012

Castle87 thread starter macrumors regular

I was concerned about the splitting. Well my preorder is still refundable but I think i'm gonna roll the dice on it. If it turns out to be a fail, lesson learned.

7. freedevil macrumors 6502a

freedevil

I considered grove as well but its too expensive for a case that can break if you drop it. It's mainly for looks over functionality. Yes, your phone may be saved on a drop but you just blew $79 or more.

8. Bakakage macrumors 6502

I'm strongly thinking about getting an element vapor pro now whenever they become available for the iP5. The sector 4's up for pre-order don't look that good compared to the pro.

9. ahintz macrumors member

ahintz

I got the first Grove case for the iPhone 4 and have had it for about two years now. I am a huge fan. It looks great, feels good in the hand, and the ability to remove the bottom portion to dock the phone in my alarm clock is a really nice feature. I haven't had any issues with splitting, and no degradation of signal while using the case.

I preordered one for my iPhone 5, and figure I'll have it for another two years. If it does crack because of a drop, they have a nice policy of selling you a new one at a discount. However, unless you're prone to dropping your phone, I don't see its relative fragility to be much of an issue. I'd much rather replace a case then the phone itself!

It may not be for everyone, but in my experience it is a high quality product. I'm looking forward to seeing the differences with the new design.

10. QuickFlame macrumors member

Couldnt have said it better. Roll on the new stronger more beautiful iPhone 5 case

11. xsnairx macrumors newbie

Grove iPhone cases are stronger

I have a Grove i4 case and am really exited for the newly redesigned and stronger i5 case. Also never had any signal issues.
    @sulpfiction - I would say "weigh almost nothing" is a positive!
    $59 is a steal for how many girls ask me about my phone, lol

12. PezRadar macrumors regular

I had a grovemade case for 1.5 years before it finally met it's demise.

It lasted me the whole time without issue. I even emailed grovemade when I did have some splitting issues after the first year and they offered to replace it for free but I had a custom design and they were only offering their basic so I chose to wait it out.

I'm pre-ordering the iPhone 5 one because I know their quality is freaking amazing.

Also I dropped it a few times and it held up well. If it did scratch, my natural finger oils would restain the case after so many days. It was pretty nice.