Grove

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by DanUC6, Jan 4, 2013.

1. DanUC6 macrumors 6502a

Just placed my grove order. Probably wont receive it until March. I am super excited and in the meantime will probably pick up the new Mophie. Hopefully it will be released next week. Anyone else still waiting on their Grove case??

2. ogamiitto macrumors member

very cool...congrats!

i wanted to get one myself...but the long wait time was what put me off. also, i wanted to come up with my own design...which at the moment i was too busy to do.

did you get a plain one, one of their in house designs or did you design your own?

3. DanUC6 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks. It was a tough decision as well. I figured I would order and just try to forget about it. I am also interested in the Mophie. So getting the Mophie would keep my phone preoccupied! I had a hard time deciding between plain or one of their designs. I ended up choosing the black lodge design and I put and inscription on the side. Super excited to receive it. I say order it...and try to forget.

Attached Files:

4. ogamiitto macrumors member

that's good advice.

i have to admit , spending time on the Grove site is what got me hooked on the idea of the feel and smell of real wood for a case. i guess that's why i got so interested in the Ronin. enough, i guess, to nearly spend twice as much for it. man i'm sick in the head ;)

i like your choice of design ,BTW...make sure you post pics when you get it.

5. DanUC6 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sick in the head is normal here...thats why were here:D I will. My suggestion is order one. Sleep on it. They are great to deal with if you need to cancel.

6. ogamiitto macrumors member

again, you're right.... i guess that's why we're all here :)

i'm tempted to. but, i'm not one that changes cases out often. other than my upcoming Ronin, i have an Otterbox Defender just in case i need that extra protect on any given day. so i think i'll chill.

however if i come up with a cool idea for a design, i just very well might anyway. the fact that they's also made in the USA is a big plus. that could probably make me indulge later this year.

7. DanUC6 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Their website and case just were too sweet to pass up. Many people on facebook, upon receiving their cases, are stunned by the craftsmanship. I will def have to get something to hold me over.

8. vong macrumors 6502a

vong

I got one; customized.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

**Note the lazer engrave did not turn out as well simply because I requested a photograph. Photographs does not engrave as well.**

9. DanUC6 thread starter macrumors 6502a

That is pretty sweet!! How do like the case itself so far?

10. vong macrumors 6502a

vong

I like it so far. The only gripe I have is the slider is not a perfect fit. What I mean is that where the top & bottom piece connects, there is a very small opening where you can see the phone.

11. ogamiitto macrumors member

that's a cool design there, vong.

sorry to hear about the gap....hopefully it's something you can overlook.

12. DanUC6 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Anyone want to share their experience that has had the case for a while? The shipping times have gone down to 1-2 weeks.

13. marina2042 macrumors newbie

I own a Grove case and I love it...it's by far my favorite case. I even sent back the Ronin because the Grove felt a lot better in hand. It took them three times but they finally got the cut perfectly (first time the cut was completely wrong, second time the case got stuck on my phone).

I love the customer service from Grove...they are always willing to work with you to fix a problem.

14. DanUC6 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Having a company stand by its products is great. I hear that a lot about these cases. That they are nice in the hand.

15. vong macrumors 6502a

vong

I'm having problems with alignment. Where the bottom & top piece connect, there is a gap. I can fit 2~3 paper in-between the gap. I always have to put push the bottom & top part together to make the gap gone. Its a small gap, but a gap nonetheless..

16. Brother Esau macrumors 6502

Hey guys,

Have not been on the forums in a while but, just got a brandy new iPhone 5 32GB for $200.00 from a customer that had a drag out fight with AT&T and cancelled their service contract. Yes, the phone is actually only 2 months old;)

So, I have a question please. Has anyone "successfully" used a Grove case with a Spigen GLAS.tR screen protector?

If so, anyone wish to provide the details and maybe post a pic or 2 please?

Thank you

Cam

17. jbzcar macrumors regular

WOW! I haven't seen these until today. Just ordered this one:

[​IMG]

Yes, I am a huge Life Aquatic fan, so I couldn't resist. :)

I have been using a tech21 for a while, but I am completely bored with it, can't wait to get my Grove on, lol.

18. jbzcar macrumors regular

Finally received it today!!! Looks awesome on the phone, I'll post some pics in a bit. :cool:

Fit and finish are phenomenal!