growing battery

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by armadiljo, Jul 1, 2010.

1. armadiljo macrumors newbie

Apparently, I recently started to suffer some battery-problems.

stats:

Macbook Pro 15" unibody (A1286 - oct. 2008)

Charge Information:
    Charge remaining (mAh): 3807
    Fully charged: Yes
    Charging: No
    Full charge capacity (mAh): 3869
    Health Information:
    Cycle count: 212
    Condition: Normal
    Battery Installed: Yes
    Amperage (mA): -5
    Voltage (mV): 12504

Problem:
    Since a few weeks, my battery seems to be growing (in size). I noticed it because the battery-cover isn't in place anymore when I close it down, where the cover is in a tight fit when the battery isn't in the macbook.
    Next to that, there's too much presure on the (downside of the) trackpad. Trackpad works perfectly without the battery in. I CAN'T click anymore when my battery is in, except when I press really hard on the really bottom-left-side of the trackpad. Adjusting the trackpad-pressure with the trackpad-screw only works without the battery in the laptop.

Is there any way I can fix this? Or suitable workaround?

Tried solutions:
    I tried to loosen the trackpad-screw. Didn't work.
    I tried and retried to refit the battery to make sure it's assambled probably. It seems to be right.

Other questions:
    -> Is there a way to select words/portions of a text without clicking on the trackpad?
    -> Can anybody check with his MPB if my battery really should be flat, or that it's normal it's thicker in the middle?

any help appreciated.
    Jo

2. rkaufmann87 macrumors 68000

rkaufmann87

Your battery need to be immediately replaced. If you are covered by AppleCare contact Apple and let them know so they can help you out. If you don't have AppleCare it's time to just buy a new battery and get on with it.