Growing tired of my case...

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by iwannamac, Aug 6, 2008.

1. iwannamac macrumors member

I have an iFrogz case for my touch, but I'm sort of growing tired of it. I'm increasingly using it as a PDA, and it doesn't quite look right pulled out of my pocket in a business environment. Plus, the raised silicon edges make typing on the edges difficult. Anyway, I'm thinking of going "naked" and just accepting the scratches on the back. I mean, who really looks at the back anyway, right? Thoughts?

2. Silver-Fox macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

I do it, seems fine to me, no one ever looks at the back anyway and plus who cares *shrugs*. I dont like cases on mine

3. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

I use it naked sometimes and otherwise I use skins by iStyles! They are amazingly cheap, replaceable, nice, look good and throw em' if you get really bored!
    https://www.istyles.com/

4. ib4walrus macrumors regular

If you plan on going naked I would suggest the power support anti-glare film. It's relatively cheap, stays on with static cling (no residue), and your iPod touch looks exactly the same :p

5. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

+1 on clear films

I use Bodyguardz on my iPhone because I didn't want a silicone case like I used with my iPod.

You'll have scratch protection, but still be able to appreciate the look of your iPod touch.

6. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

Those BodyGuardz look like exactly what I want. I'm just afraid of dropping my iPod, so I'm torn :(

7. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

If you are afraid of or prone to dropping devices, get a stylish case, maybe leather. It will still have a professional look.

8. Silver-Fox macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

you drop, you drop it these things happen. I have dropped my numerous times and no dents etc still works fine

9. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

I have always had my iPhone naked. It feels better, looks better, etc...

I have tried cases, but have just gotten rid of them in less than a week.

10. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

I use an iClear. I just waay prefer the way it feels without a case. So much nicer. As soon as I get home, I always pull it out of the case.

But professional is good. Any you'd recommend? In fact... I'm about to post a thread about what I'd be looking for...

Really? That's pretty amazing.

11. MacBlackBook22 macrumors 6502

MacBlackBook22

As I answered in another thread, I got this case on ebay for $9.99 and I love it very professional looking and I use my touch mostly as a PDA and with this case it looks like one. Its not bulky and has protected my touch just fine as its a nice snug fit

Attached Files:

12. bigm978 macrumors member

i have a griffin iclear and really like it but i hate to take away the sleek design

13. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

I also have a Griffin iClear. It offers great protection. The big benefit for me, though, is how easy it is to remove the case, as I prefer to use my iPod without a case. So, when i get home I can pop my iPod out with no trouble. When I leave again to take the dog on a walk, snap it back on. Simple.

14. ThunderBull4 macrumors 6502

If you're going to go naked, maybe try the clear protection? I'm talking about the clear sticker kind. I think that's the best solution because it looks like you have nothing on it, but really you have a scratch resistant surface area. :)

15. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

+1.

I'm planning on getting these within the next week.

16. Silver-Fox macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

I have off tables etc on to wooden floor and stuff no dents or anything no scratches

17. Tom B. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

If you want a professional looking case, I would recommend the Incase Slider. I don't think any other cases come close to looking as good.

[​IMG][​IMG]

18. dellavoce macrumors regular

To me, nothing beats invisible shield or best skins ever. They are a little tricky to put on, but once they are they don't peel up at all and you can't scratch them. I have raked keys over mine and...nothing. Best skins ever are the much less expensive ones and I can't tell any difference between the ones from them and invisible shield.

It's the best of both worlds: naked, sleek iPod touch, no scratches.

19. ib4walrus macrumors regular

I use a combination of the Incase slider and the Power Support Anti-Glare films. The slider was the best looking hard case for me and fits perfectly (adds almost nothing to the width or thickness). However, people have reported that it scratches long, HIDEOUS lines on the back so if you do buy it, put some paper or something in the back. Fingerprint magnet also.