growl in itunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by siren77, Nov 24, 2007.

1. siren77 macrumors member

Hi all. I've been using growl notifications to show the song title and album art from anything that's playing in itunes. While it works most of the time, for some songs it just shows the title but to refuses to display the album art (instead it shows the itunes icon) I know I've added the album art to the song correctly and it shows up properly on my iPod. I can't understand why it doesnt show up on the Growl Notifications. Has anyone else come across this problem? Any suggestions/solutions? Thanks in advance.

2. tristan123 macrumors newbie

I have the same problem. What I've noticed is that growl will only display the album art if I have added it manually. It doesn't display the album art that iTunes finds automatically. If anybody has a solution I'd appreciate it too.

3. shinji macrumors 65816

shinji

I use CoverSutra for this instead of GrowlTunes and it works great. Was using Synergy before that but there are tons of apps that can do this for you. GrowlTunes (or whatever the included 'extra' that comes with Growl is) is a little awkward.