Growl in Leopard - Does it work?

Eluzion

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 7, 2007
I've installed Growl but it doesn't seem to work. Everything installed fine but it doesn't seem to detect any programs. I usually use it with iTunes, iChat, and Cyberduck.

Anyone having success with Growl?

Edit: I restarted the computer and now it seems to work fine. ;) Funny how if I was on Windows, restarting is usually the first thing I do. I never find the need to restart with OS X so this was a first time (minus updates).

riverfreak

macrumors 65816
Jan 10, 2005
Over the Reignbough
I've installed Growl but it doesn't seem to work. Everything installed fine but it doesn't seem to detect any programs. I usually use it with iTunes, iChat, and Cyberduck.

Anyone having success with Growl?
It seems to be working for me with Mail and growlnotify via the command line (version: 1.1.1).

CalBoy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2007
I think if you hear a growl, you've picked up the wrong type of Leopard! :p

Sorry, I had to. :eek:

Osarkon

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2006
Wales
i have growl on my mac too...i dont know what it is?

anyone care to explain...
Growl's a notification system for OS X. Basically gives you little notifications for stuff that's going on, and works with a lot of third party applications as well .

bigandy

macrumors G3
Apr 30, 2004
Murka
I don't think Growl works with mail.
Other posts elsewhere seem to have conflicted with your comment - but I'm too scared to try. Last time I installed the Growl Mail extension Mail.app wouldn't restart until I removed it. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.