Growl mistakenly claims update available

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by OracleRedux, Nov 23, 2010.

1. OracleRedux macrumors member

I have the latest version of Growl installed and I still get update reminders popping up on my desktop pretty consistently. I have tried installing the latest version from the website several times, to no avail.
    Can anyone shed any light on this?
    Another curious part of this is that when clicking on the message, nothing happens (no download page opened in browser etc).

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

You could go to System Preferences > Growl > About and uncheck the "check for updates automatically" checkbox.

3. OracleRedux thread starter macrumors member

Good point, but that is a workaround rather than a fix. Ideally I would like to solve the issue and be notified when a new version is released.
    Failing that your solution would work, and if I am desperate to know when the latest version is out I could always subscribe to an RSS feed.

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

I have not found a solution, as Growl does the same to me, though it seems to be only on a daily basis.

Maybe you can send the developers a big report: http://growl.info/reportabug.php