Grrr 100$ headphones broken because of design failure

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Zwhaler, May 10, 2008.

1. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Some of you might remember me raving about how great the V Moda Vibe 100$ headphones are. They really are good headphones, but the part where the wire comes out of the housing around where you plug the phones into your iPod, since there is no reinforcement, the connection broke and now the wires are basically kaputkaput, and I am kind of pissed, since these cost me 100$ and I got less than a year of use out of them. The actually speakers and drivers in the headphones work perfectly, which makes me almost want to sever the wires and try rewiring them myself so I will have my headphones back again. It is too late to return them or complain to the company (well, I guess that is still an option). What should I do? I may mention that the newer generation of these headphones includes a little rubber enclosure around that very part in order to ensure this type of thing doesn't happen.

2. macdot macrumors 6502

If they fixed the issue it doesn't sound like you were the only one to have it happen.

3. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

contact V-Moda...some companies don't wanna lose their reputation...

4. dansgil macrumors regular

dansgil

If they fixed this on the newer generation, they must have known this was a design flaw. I would try contacting V-Moda and see what they say. If that doesn't work, I'd contact the BBB as a last resort.