Grrr.. Eff HP.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by laughingperson5, Aug 20, 2009.

1. laughingperson5 macrumors 6502

Another rant filled with bit--iness. But ends with something great. At least for me.

Alright. I ordered an HP Pavilion tx2012us in May 2008. They had a one year warranty on the computer. But since May 2009, my HP has started to deteriorate. For example.
    1. I have to change the viewing angle of the display to get both speakers to work.
    2. When I close the laptop and carry it to go to a different room, there is a loud siren-like sound coming from the laptop.
    3. When I open up the laptop, the latches that keep it closed stay up.
    4. The vent is burning hot. At least 200 degrees. [Bought about 3-4 cooling mats only for them to break.]
    5. The back USB (2) don't even work.
    6. The tablet pen's buttons fell out.
    7. The quicklaunch buttons aren't even operating.
    8. My AC adapter frayed. [Had to pay 80 bucks for a new one]
    9. The display isn't even standing upright now. [Costs $290 to fix and I'm not even going to bother.]

It's like HP has a ticking time bomb on all computers you don't have an extended warranty on. Good news is. I'm getting me a MacBook Pro.

2. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

ouch... yeah. i had this old pentium 3 hp desktop. it is dead laying in my basement now.:D

3. laughingperson5 thread starter macrumors 6502

Haha. I have a super old Compaq with a 40 Gig Hard Drive and it never had as many issues with this HP.

4. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

Well, compaq is their business division sort of so it has to be better but not actually good by any means.:rolleyes:

5. laughingperson5 thread starter macrumors 6502

The Compaq laptop I have was from before they merged with HP.