Grrr. Stupid Clicker on 3GS

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by geoffreak, Jun 26, 2009.

1. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

Got my 3GS and stuck in my in-ear (not Apple) headphones with clicker button that worked perfectly on my iPhone 2G. Sound quality is the same on both iPhones, but the clicker doesn't work right! I am used to clicking twice to move to the next song, but on my 3GS, half the time this stops and starts playing of music and the other half it activates the voice control, if it does anything at all. Periodically, it will actually do what it is supposed to and change the song, and it will actually work consistently the way it should until I do ANYTHING else on my iPhone and the retarded behavior will return.
    I'm starting to think this is a software bug and should be present for all non-Apple headphones with built in clickers. Can anyone verify this, or should I go complain at the Apple store?

I should add that my headphones are Radius Atomic Bass Black Earphones with In-Line Microphone

2. cWeems macrumors 6502a

cWeems

were they only made for the 2G because of the recessed headphone jack?

3. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Does it work correctly with the included headphones? And have you contacted the maker of the headphones to see if they have a solution?

4. geoffreak thread starter macrumors 68020

geoffreak

My understanding is that they worked in the 3G as well.

Assuming it really is a software bug, there is nothing they could do. All fixing would be on Apple.

5. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Yes, but they may know of the issue and might be able to help you isolate what the problem is.

6. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

And assuming its not Apple and is with their headphones then they could do something. Sure it's probably with Apple but it is worth it to contact the manufacturer.

7. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

Hey, did you ever get anywhere with this. I too have the Radius Atomic Bass Black with in-line mic. Same problems with mine. I had a 3G iphone before that they worked flawlessly with, but they do the same kind of stuff with my 3GS. Also, the mic does not work at all. No one can hear me. I contacted Radius and they told me they should work so they sent me another pair, and still it does not work.

Strange thing is though, I have a pair of Ultimate Ears 4vi with mic as well. These do work with my 3GS, just as they did with the 3G. All function is intact. I really don't know why these would work, but the Radius Atomic Bass do not.

Help....:confused:

8. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

It is my understanding that the hardware is different in the 3GS and thus not all headphones are going to work exactly as they did with the original and 3G iPhones. At least, this is what a headphone company told someone in the accessories forum.