Grrr this is making me angry!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Beowulf666, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Beowulf666 macrumors regular

Beowulf666

So every time that i press on my trackpad button, it makes this weird clicking noise. It wasn't there before, but now it's like, every time i press it, it makes that noise until i press it slightly hard and it goes away for about 5 minutes and it starts doing it again. I tried removing the battery and looking at the trackpad and there doesn't seem to be anything really stuck, from what I can see, but my friend suggested to use a can of compressed air. So what do you guys think? Is it safe to remove the battery and use compressed air by the trackpad to remove any foreign objects which is causing this odd clicking noise? Or could it be something else?

I'm still under warranty, but the closest apple store is in the next province, so I'll have to send it to really get it fixed by apple. Thanks!

2. bluedoggiant macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

Meh, that usually happens to all apple laptops after a while, the the little clicking noise will get louder and deeper, I noticed this on my mom's new MB vs my dad's old MBP.

3. ArcaneDevice macrumors 6502a

don't use the trackpad button. Use the tap click. That will save some wear.

4. asme macrumors regular

What is causing this is the inherent phail of Apple top cases.

Happened to me as well. Use it vigorously until it stops clicking and then send it in.