Grrrrrrr (songs stop; crackling noise)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Scubajay, Mar 21, 2008.

1. Scubajay macrumors regular

Scubajay

Some tech advice:

1) Why do some songs on my ipod not play properly and stop after a few seconds? They play alright on the Mac, but not the pod. How do I solve this?

2) What is the crackling noise coming from the left speaker on my home theatre system, and how do I stop it?

Merci....

2. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

1. Not sure, somebody I know is also suffering from this problem and Apple seem to be at a loss as to why it's happening.

2. You'll need to be more specific. What is your home theatre system? When does the crackle happen, is it only when you turn the volume up past a certain level? Does it only happen when bass is present? Have you tried connecting the right hand speaker into the left hand socket to see if the problem is with the speakers or the amplifier/head unit?

3. Scubajay thread starter macrumors regular

Scubajay

1) Dang :(

2) It's a sherwood amp with the Liberty 5 Speaker system from Eltax. It's the front left speaker, and it has only recently been doing it. It seems to be an intermittent fault, as it doesn't do it all the time. It only seems to do it with movies, not Xbox or when I have the Ipod plugged into the amp. Funnily enough it's only when I start using it during the day that it does it - in the evening, when it has time to warm up so to speak, it seems fine.