Grumpy Cat/Tardar Sauce Passed Away

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by GrumpyMom, May 17, 2019.

1. GrumpyMom macrumors 604

GrumpyMom

Rest in Peace Grumpy Cat. So long and thanks for all the No’s

F24F6FF3-28FA-4A23-AACF-44F3E3A05EC8.jpeg

2. velocityg4 macrumors 601

velocityg4

That's too bad. Such a young age for a cat.

3. GrumpyMom thread starter macrumors 604

GrumpyMom

Indeed. She had dwarfism and health complications all of her life and I think the money made from her various endorsement deals helped finance the vet care that had kept her alive this long.

I once had a dwarf cat who looked and acted healthy without any of the impediments Grumpy Cat had, but to our shock she died in her sleep at a similarly young age.

I also had a disabled Manx kitten born to a rescued stray. Two of the kittens had extraordinarily long tails and two had no tails. The ones who lacked tails had many health problems, because the characteristic lack of tail for the Manx breed is actually due to a form of Spina Bifida. One of them had many urinary tract infections and died despite all our vet tried to do for him and round the clock care from my parents and myself. That sounds like what happened to Grumpy Cat.

Everyone in our family loved Grumpy Cat. We have a book and plushies and key chains and even an actual painting my daughter did a few years ago. This kitty was a unique little soul. With all the ugliness in social media, she was such a bright light despite being a harbinger of grouchiness.

In reality, she was said to actually be a happy and good natured cat. As someone who suffers from severe resting b*face myself, despite being good natured and easygoing, I declared her my spirit animal. My forum name was inspired by her.

4. rhett7660 macrumors G5

rhett7660

Ahhhhh... Was just reading about this. Rest little one...

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Saw this earlier today. Very young for a cat.

6. GrumpyMom thread starter macrumors 604

GrumpyMom