Gruppled Lockinfo Expand/Collapse

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by hrtl, Sep 13, 2010.

1. hrtl macrumors newbie

:confused::confused::confused:

hello,

I recently jailbroke my iphone and installed gruppled lockinfo/themes...

I really love it and feel like everything is running great, except for one aspect:

On the lockscreen, I cannot get sections to expand/collapse. I've edited the config.js file with hopes to fix it....(commenting out sections and adding true/false) but I just cannot seem to get the expand/collapse to work.

If anyone could help me with this issue I would be very grateful.

Specifically... if you have gruppled lock-info and are able to expand/collapse your sections, could you please post/attach your config.js file???

I really do not understand what I am doing wrong and am getting very frustrated! I've searched and found a few threads but nothing that helped a whole lot, so I apologize if this answer is in other threads and I may have missed it.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. MrThompsonR macrumors 6502

MrThompsonR

In Settings/ Lockinfo are the plugins set to "Collapsed By Default?"

3. hrtl thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm looking under settings for lockinfo and I see no option for "collapse by default"

the only place I see that is in the config.js

var defaultCollapsed = {
    // "Clock":true,
    "Mail":false,
    // "Calendar":false,
    "Calls":false,
    "Voicemail":true,
    // "SMS":true,
    "Weather":false,
    };

// Enable global collapse/expand by swiping right (or left, if globalHide is false)?
    var globalCollapse = true;

// Enable global hide toggling by swiping left (or right, if globalCollapse is false)?
    var globalHide = false;

I've tried several different combinations of false/true, and "//"

If you wouldn't mind... (assuming your expand/collapse is working) could you please post your config.js so I can swap them and see if it works?

thanks

4. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

5. lionheartednyhc macrumors 65816

lionheartednyhc

Just curious, why are you using Gruppled Lockinfo still? That thing is seriously out of date...

6. hrtl thread starter macrumors newbie

Like I said I recently jailbroke my phone and new to all of this...

What do you use instead?

7. lionheartednyhc macrumors 65816

lionheartednyhc

I use the regular LockInfo. Gruppled used to be cool when Lockinfo was in beta, but as you can tell it is a pain in the ass to configure among other things. The Commercial version of Lockinfo gives you waaaay more abilities (such as push notifications and reading email from the lockscreen) and its much easier to configure via a settings pane (instead of messing with JavaScript).

8. hrtl thread starter macrumors newbie

hi,

I cannot find this in lockinfo settings ANYWHERE , and that seems to be the magic setting that seems to be turned off on my lockinfo....

Do I have the wrong version or something???

Attached Files:

• 311.gif
      311.gif
      File size:
      41.9 KB
      Views:
  9. lionheartednyhc macrumors 65816

lionheartednyhc

You can't find the setting that is in the pic you posted (or did you take that screencap? :confused:) If you can't find it, can you post a picture of what your LI settings look like?

Did you download Lockinfo off of Cydia? It should be the latest version

Edit: Im guessing that was a pic you found. The current version has more options. You will find the toggle under settings/Lockinfo/General

10. hrtl thread starter macrumors newbie

yes, that was a pic I found via the tutorial posted by "hackthatphone"

I only have one option under settings/lockinfo/general , and that is for scrolling (see pic)

I dont understand :confused:

And yes, this is the latest version off cydia. [david.ashman.com]
    Just to be sure, I removed it and reinstalled it, and still the same thing

(Could this be because its the trial version????)

Attached Files:

11. hrtl thread starter macrumors newbie

Here are more screen caps from the LI settings page

I've literally tried every subsection of this settings and cant find anything for expand/collapse settings

Attached Files:

12. lionheartednyhc macrumors 65816

lionheartednyhc

Can you look at see what version you have installed?

I don't think the trial version is limited, but I have tons of options in my general page

13. crawfish963 macrumors 6502

crawfish963

So after some research, I didn't realize it but I was also on Gruppled Lockinfo. I SSH'd into my phone via Cyberduck, deleted Gruppled Lockinfo and now I am on the normal version. Definitely better. Try that, then your collapse should work properly.

14. hrtl thread starter macrumors newbie

Version 2.3.7.0 is installed

Attached Files:

15. hrtl thread starter macrumors newbie

I've tried this and although the collapse / expand does work when I disable gruppled theme, I really don't like the look of it. If I could get it to look like gruppled theme, that would be perfect (weather, etc). Can this be done?

16. gadgetdad macrumors 6502a

gadgetdad

It just maybe Gruppled Lockinfo. A theme I have been using lately is Rp4k Lockinfo theme. It cant collapse even though the settings are there, the dev says its lockinfo and winterboards issues, not the themes.

I'm able to collapse in other themes I use so who knows. Still love the theme, even without the collapse.

17. crawfish963 macrumors 6502

crawfish963

Yea it can be done. There are tons of themes on Cydia for it. What are youissing looks wise exactly?

18. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

My post and screen shot are talking about the config.js file you configure and NOT the lockinfo program.

I do not maintain older tutorials like that one so anything OUTSIDE of the config.js may be different.

19. Geoff12889 macrumors newbie

I'm running into the same problem as the OP. From what it sounds like it is the Gruppled theme that is allowing us to not collapse/expand sections. If I were to delete the Gruppled theme and go back to the default LockInfo theme, where will I find the config.js, and more specifically the sections.css file. I would like to customize it, if I can find it!

Sidenote: anyone know how to get the padlock looking lockslider thing at the bottom of this pic? http://www.hackthatphone.com/gif5/570.gif

edit: one more thing... anyone know what the var format_time = "x:x x"; in the file Gruppled LockInfo/Bundles/com.ashman.LockInfo/strings/en.js is? I figured that the one beneath it, var clock_format_time = "x:x x";, is for the clock on the lockinfo screen. I purposefully made them different, but I can't figure out what the top one changes. Anyone know?