GS2 vs 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JNL Productions, Oct 4, 2011.

1. JNL Productions macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

I was dissapointed with today's announcement and am considering buying the S2. I really like the screen size. Anyways, please enlighten me as to why I should get the 4S rather than the S2 (other than iOS 5). Oh and how do the processors and cameras compare in each smartphone?

2. nfl46 macrumors 603

If you had the iPhone 4 and don't game or take a lot of pictures with your phone, then get the GS2. I am getting it or the Nexus Prime (if AT&T gets it). I've had all four iPhones, tired of the screen, want something bigger.

3. TheSideshow, Oct 4, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2011

TheSideshow macrumors 6502

Screw Android and iOS (Have em both and iOS is stale and Android is buggy)

Gimme a Windows Phone with sleek Nokia hardware!

Like the rumored Nokia Ace:
    4.3-inch AMOLED screen, an 8-megapixel AutoFocus camera with Carl Zeiss lens, a 1.4Ghz single core processor, HSPA+ connectivity, 16GB of storage, runs on Windows Mango, and an 1800mAh battery

4. Audi09 macrumors member

nexus prime will be announced next week at the google event. Dont get the GSII

5. curitibagarrett macrumors member

and what wait 5 -6 months to get it on ATT?

6. Audi09 macrumors member

where did you get 5-6 months?
    It should go to t-mo just like the other 2 did. Then with the new walmart plan coming out on the 16th. $30 for a data/text plan. It would be perfect

7. mowbr4 macrumors member

The rumored date of release was 11/03 from what I believe. I guess we will find out after they announce it next week.

I also believe it is coming out on Verizon first?

8. vikingjunior macrumors 65816

vikingjunior

Wait for the nexus. This will be the device to compare with 4s.

9. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

In my opinion, the S2 will have only one real "advantage" over the 4S. Coming from someone who like his S2, the screen is really the only thing that it has that can be seen as better, depending on who you ask. Sure it's larger, but it has a decent amount of pixels less than Apple's retina display. For me, I'd rather have the sharper text than more screen real estate, since a larger screen with a smaller resolution makes everything look bigger.

The processor I think, while technically clocked faster in the S2 will still feel slower compared to the A5. This is more of an Android vs iOS thing but the fact is Android isn't as fluid as iOS, no matter how fast the phone is. Scrolling and zooming on a web page are main examples of that.

Camera-wise, I don't think will be much different between the two. Maybe Apple's BSI sensor will produce better quality photos, but the S2's camera is actually pretty nice already.

For me, the reason I will be getting a 4S is the integration and ecosystem that I have with Apple's products. They just seem to work better when their together. And with iCloud, it makes it even more of a reason. Siri is just icing on top of the cake, as the Android voice stuff isn't as fancy.

10. EvilShenaniganZ macrumors 6502

EvilShenaniganZ

I'm really excited to see what Google says next week. If the wait is too long or not on Sprint I'll grab a S2 probably. The 4s is on my list though. Just not sure if I can handle the smaller screen.
    Kinda wonder how the camera is going to do on the 4s. Engadget didn't like a single picture they snaped during the first hands on...

11. aztooh macrumors 6502a

The front camera is also 2mp as opposed to VGA on the iP4/s. Haven't used it myself, but I'd imagine that makes a difference for video calling if that's your thing.

As others have said, if you're not sold on the 4s, wait a week and see what Google and Samsung say about the Prime's release.

12. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

Lol yeah shows how much I use mine. I think it would only really make a difference in still photos, video chat doesn't really require too much resolution. Especially if you are video chatting on 3G, which can suck up data a lot.

13. Nachoconqueso macrumors regular

I just used a g2. The screen is better. Everything else is the same tbh. It's a nice phone. I'd buy it over a 4s based on the fragility and the screen. The g2 is very speedy. Nexus will be even better. If I was sticking with ATT I'd buy the g2 today.