Carrier GSM to cdma air?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by CrAkD, Nov 9, 2013.

1. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

I know its the same model but is the cdma disabled in the ipads that come with either a t-mobile or att sim? Has anyone tried to hookup an air with verizon or sprint if they bought from t-mob or att? I want to get a mini through t-mobile and try the free data but I want the option to use verizon if T-mob service is horrible.

2. iPhone1 macrumors 65816

iPhone1

Verizon uses GSM and SIM cards for its LTE. Therefore it works fine on any iPad Air with a SIM card slot.

3. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Why not get a "Verizon" iPad through Apple, and then put a T-Mobile SIM in it? That's what I did. You don't need to activate the SIM that came with the iPad (though I've kept my Verizon SIM in case I might want to, later). that should remove all doubt.

As far as we know, the iPad Air is one model for all carriers. But the iPad mini being smaller, we don't know yet if the same will hold true for it.

4. herdnerfer macrumors 6502

i bought an iPad Air from T-mobile with their no money down deal. Plopped an active SIM from an iPhone 5 into it & it worked right away on Verizon's network.

As long as you can get the SIM activated, you shouldn't have any issues.