GT 120 Video Card for Mac Pro 2008

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by bzboy01, May 1, 2009.

1. bzboy01 macrumors newbie

I just received my GT 120 video card today and I installed it in my 2008 Mac Pro. It works and now I can use my new Apple 24" Display with my 30" Display. My ATI 2600 didn't have the Mini DisplayPort and thus I had to spend $150 to get this video card. If anyone who has a 2008 mac pro and is thinking of upgrading to a GT 120 video card, please do so. It works, even though the apple site says the opposite.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Please search; we knew it works. Did you keep the 2600 in?

Oh, it's DISPLAYPORT, NOT DVI.

3. bzboy01 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for the DisplayPort correction. I posted this assuming the fact that there may be a few individuals out there who are wondering if a GT 120 can work on a 2008 Mac Pro. Obviously, you are not one of them. I did research it before I ordered it, but it is comforting to know real findings of a Mac Pro user. I did not leave the 2600 inside the Mac Pro. Should I??? And what be the advantage of leaving it inside the system?

4. zer0tails macrumors 65816

zer0tails

bzboy01: thanks for sharing. Would you mind taking a picture of your set up? I'll really like to see how it looks :p 30" + 24" LED ACD = pure mmm mmm mmm :D

5. bocc macrumors newbie

So you got a set up like this ?

If so say yes and agree. if not then say say no.

not :p 30" + 24" LED ACD = pure mmm mmm mmm

What the f**k is all that about

People like you sould be bared for banal comments and wasting other peoples time,

The point is that card works on a 2008 mac. so that's it.

No...mmm mmm mmm as you put it just fact

6. bocc macrumors newbie

So what it just works. did you keep yours in ?
    who give a f**k, just move the the discussion on, this is just a waste of peoples time.

7. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Nice retort, but with absolutely no knowledge of the situation, it was fallacy and hopelessly incorrect. I do not have a Penryn Mac Pro, therefore, I do not have the HD 2600 XT. I was asking if he kept both so that this thread may serve as a resource to people looking to have both.

Your post? I agree completely. Unfortunately for you, my post WAS the discussion.

Thanks for joining just to say that, too. In the future, please use the edit feature at the bottom right of every post.