GT Prologue Pricing? (false)

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by sikkinixx, Sep 11, 2007.

1. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Everything about that sounds fine apart from

3. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

It'll probably be like warhawk. 39.99 if you download it, and 59.99 if you buy it on disc. Either way its a great game from what i've seen and played. It truly brings photo-realism to gaming, mix that with the best racing sim engine on a console and you've got a sure winner. Graphically its doing something no racing game has ever achieved on the console. I'm sorry Forza has nothing on GT's graphics, they aren't even remotely close.

Also its a EU price, you cannot just convert prices with games or consoles anymore and expect that its going to be the US price. I'll believe the pricing when i hear it from Sony. Even then for what you get I'll be getting it even at that price.

http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/gt5p/screen/

There is video in that link, along with 5 sets of photos, anyone wants translations just pm me.

Edit: You know it may end up just being on BD, the sheer size of the tracks and cars maybe prohibit PSN distribution.

Ed

4. sikkinixx thread starter macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

but you are paying to buy the 'demo' (albeit a huge demo) then expected to pay that AGAIN for the full game? wtf?

If it was like $20 or something then maybe but full retail price for a fraction of the game?

5. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

This is a full game, not a demo.

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

So GT(5) Prologue has effectively just become GT5, where does this put the full game?

7. sikkinixx thread starter macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

no... it's a portion of the full game, the real game has more than five tracks a few dozen cars. I know the Japanese are psycho about GT but... thats a lot of coin..

8. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

But its not a demo ;) :p

Its part 1 to a multi-part release

*bites tongue for now* Carry on

Ed

9. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

That's just messed up right there. Id take a demo with 5 cars and 2 tracks please, and the real one which will cost $60 will have 500 cars and 100 tracks;)

10. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

let's hope that GT5 will only be $60......

and i think i'll wait for GT5 anyways.....any idea on when it's coming?

11. Pants Dragon macrumors regular

I think it would be nice if this thing came with a coupon that let you have GT5 for like 50% off when it released at 60$.

That way, early buyers would have to pay more, but they'd also get to play earlier, in a limited fashion. of course it won't happen, because people will pay the 60$ twice.:p

12. dodong macrumors member

dodong

I don't know how this may sound to some but I came up with this crazy idea in order to save some money in purchasing the product.

Let's say there are three of you among friends. You poll the amount among yourselves evenly - $20 each. Then you raffle who will get the original and the other two would settle for the duplicate copies. How's that for saving some dough.

I know it sounds crazy but just entered my mind.

13. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Five tracks is kind of ridiculous. GT TV sounds awesome, three dozen cars is...alright (far sight from GT3's 150 cars and GT4's 500 cards...I wish it had at least 100!), but five tracks?? Hope it's $40 and the tracks aren't too expensive.

How I hate downloadable content. It's become an excuse for devs to leave stuff out of games so they can charge for it later- and this isn't directed just at Sony.

Then should we be waiting for the second release? :p

14. pcypert macrumors 6502

Doesn't affect me as I don't have the system and wouldn't buy anyways...I don't care how realistic something looks...if I only had that few tracks to play on I'm not paying that much for that game. I mean the full game will feature over 10X more cars (at least)...

Wouldn't it suck for folks if the full game was 10X more than this :) I think it's coming in at either 30 or 40 USD though...EU gets screwed by Sony typically. Still wouldn't pay it. Barely paid money for Excite Truck and I actually enjoy that game ;)

Paul

15. takao macrumors 68040

takao

on the ps2 the full games were around 50 euro and the prologue around 30 euro
    50 / 5 = 10 * 3 = 30
    new ps3 games cost 65 to 70
    70 / 5 = 14 * 3 = 42
    i guess this price was sent through the "nex gen price calculator" by sony

if this price is real it will be actually costing as much as brand new games on the PC (like bioshock and stranglehold) or first party games on the wii (i bought strikers and super paper mario for 45 euro and prime 3 and galaxy are also listed at that price)

sure it's not a demo but a demo with extra content but they are asking for full price

side note: it's really important to keep to price below 50 euro.. it was the sweet spot last generation as only the ps2 & PC actually had new games for less than that

16. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

Exactly! ....and those who buy this kind of thing are only contributing to this nonsense.....which is bad for gamers in general.

17. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

[In an across-the-board comparison] this is ridiculous; there are other racing games out there that are highly regarded (such as DiRT) with a whole lot more content than this and those titles carry the same $60 price tag.

Big mistake IMO to release this game at this price with a lack of features like that. If it's available for download at a cheaper rate, then this may all be a moot point, but still...$60 for (what sounds like) a quickly-put together cash-in on the "Gran Turismo" name is quite lame. :eek:

18. bombboy macrumors regular

bombboy

I would probably convince my g/f that I need to get a PS3 for GT5p :p

19. sikkinixx thread starter macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

20. Pants Dragon macrumors regular

Well this is good news. Here's hoping for 29.99.

21. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I rarely buy 'racing' games, and the only one I'm going to buy is PGR4, simply because I have a wireless 360 racing wheel doing nothing.

I don't like these so called micro-transactions, especially as at the moment 'full AAA game' pricing seems so hit and miss at the moment.

Warhawk's €29.99/$39.99 seems reasonable on one level, but I'd much rather they have simply released the game on BD at the same price.

The thing that has stopped my downloading it is the 'game limited to 1 PSN account'. So basically the 'locked to your console' is almost a reality with this kind of content.

Whilst that's the same for 360 arcade titles and other smaller psn titles, at least they are only a few $, when the price is just short of full whack, then I dont expect them to be so limited and locked to accounts.

So that's why I havent downloaded.

And I assume Prologue, will be equally as locked to 1 psn account.

22. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

23. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

^Those two games my friend are in different boats.....one is an arcade racer and the other a sim both great in their respected areas but can't be compared like that.

For the record...I'm not paying jack for a demo or half a game.....plus add I'm not a fan of racing sim.

Bless

24. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

I know! GT doesn't have a battle mode, nor even any weapons at all. :D Oh man, how I would absolutely love to red shell some Toyotas! :p

Anyhoo, I'll wait for the full release of GT5.

25. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

It is the more fun game yea, but sim games aren't meant to be fun :eek: