Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ucla95

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 4, 2009
I saw the graphic on Apples website obviously but the 3DMark06 from another website had the GT130 only like 8% better?? Why the difference in the stats from Apple and the 3Dmark06? Does the 256 vs 512 graphics memory really matter much? I play mainly WoW and iRacing, but may move to newer MMRPGs, and don't want to spend the extra $300 if it's worthless.

rittchard

macrumors 6502
Aug 12, 2007
I saw the graphic on Apples website obviously but the 3DMark06 from another website had the GT130 only like 8% better?? Why the difference in the stats from Apple and the 3Dmark06? Does the 256 vs 512 graphics memory really matter much? I play mainly WoW and iRacing, but may move to newer MMRPGs, and don't want to spend the extra $300 if it's worthless.

I believe there is a bit of confusion and some misleading floating around right. I think the 8% number you are quoting was from a comparison with the GT130M (mobile version). See my thread on GT 130 specs, I'm pretty confident the 130 inside the new iMac is NOT the mobile version, but rather a slowed down version of the desktop card. After I get home tonight, I'll try to run 3DMark06 and Vantage to get some real numbers up.

If you're only worried about WoW, even the 9400m will be fine. I've also had no trouble running Warhammer Online on the 9400m with low/med settings. If you are thinking about Age of Conan, that may be too much, though I can't say I've ever tried it on the 9400m.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.