gta 4 in bootcamp running like crap

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by ri0ku, Nov 14, 2009.

1. ri0ku macrumors 6502a

Guys I cant get GTA 4 running at all practicaly in win 7 64bit.. soon as im in the game it just is unbearable.. i mean it just locks up every second and even lower...

everything is set to the lowest and even on the lowest res and its doing this... I dont know what to do... people are running this game fine at medium settings with reasonable frame rates. I cant even get like 3 frames a second on the lowest of settings -_-

(My macbook pro is in my sig for the spec details) If anyones got it running nice can you tell me if you had any problems and how you resolved them please? I have tried using the newest drivers from nvidia and they did this ... so i rolled back to the drivers that came on the snow leopard disk.. and i still get the same performance.. (it cant be a faulty card because my other games run fine)

2. elmancho macrumors 6502

elmancho

Exactly same problem here solution welcome !

3. ri0ku thread starter macrumors 6502a

this sucks! benchmarking tool works fine in it... i get about 30 frames but soon as im in game and move in the car it just lag fest its like its not even more than 3 frames a second... even then thats lucky if you manage to get that...

something must be up here... everyone else is running it fine..