GTA 4 on MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by testie, Jan 15, 2009.

1. testie macrumors newbie

Hi everyone! Just wanted to know if somone here is running GTA 4 smoothly on The Late 2008 MBP? I got it installed and all, but from what I know i requires some hacking to get things nice. If someone got a nice commandline.txt with the right options, please share! ;)

And Btw. I still have the defualt drivers from the apple CD. I guees i need to update, and I would really appreciate if somone could help me find the what's best for the 9600M GT 256MB. I have searched alot on that driver to get, but Im really uncertain what to get. And i would really want something that activate Physx.

Would be really great if somone could help me out. I think alot of people are trying to play GTA 4 on the MBPs, but from what I have seen, there are no help threads about this. So please help out :rolleyes:

And great forum too :cool:

2. lscangus macrumors 6502

There was a port about GTA4 in this forum.

3. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

4. testie thread starter macrumors newbie

Im having a hard time to find the right one, and i don't want to **** things up. I know it's annoying, but could somone give me URL to the best driver for 9600M GT. Please :)

I found this website; http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/ But i don't have a clue which one to get :(

I have XP 32bit.

5. SolRayz macrumors 6502a

SolRayz

I recently updated from 180.84 DOX Optimised to the 181.20 DOX Optimised Drivers and those have been the best for my MBP. As far as commandline.txt Im only using -availablevidmem 2.0 so I can tweak the in game settings a little higher. But that isn't saying much because honestly the game runs like crap on my SR and won't be much better on yours.

You will need a quad core and a solid gaming graphics card with over 512MB VRAM for decent fps.

FYI...Next time you should post this in the gaming section.;)

6. testie thread starter macrumors newbie

Thx alot Sol! Just the post i been waiting for :), Im downloading 181.20 DOX now, thanks alot.

Btw, does this active physx?

7. ibd macrumors member

I can confirm that 181.20 by dox are by far the best drivers I've used. This does not activate physx, you have to download it separately (I think you can get it from that site too).

cheers,
    ibd