GTA IV Delayed Till 2008

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Sky Blue, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

http://ir.take2games.com/ReleaseDetail.cfm?ReleaseID=258238

2. Coded-Dude macrumors 6502a

Coded-Dude

guess that means they will both come out at the same time(not two weeks apart)

3. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

4. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I thought it was gonna be more then 2 weeks.

5. Coded-Dude macrumors 6502a

Coded-Dude

N4G....and I believe that was merely development cycle, not actual release date differences.

6. steamboat26 macrumors 65816

steamboat26

It's a blessing in disguise for me, i already have a list of like 10 games to buy this fall, but it's still disappointing :(

7. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I thought 360 was gonna get an exclusive window. 2 weeks doesn't sound like much.

8. Coded-Dude macrumors 6502a

Coded-Dude

only exclusive content, no exclusive window - (in the form of purchasable extended/extra episodes/missions via LIVE)
    Meaning you will get the "complete" experience on 360, but that it will cost you more as well. ;)

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Or, if you're British and buy from the high street (and if trends continues) you'll be paying between £35-39 for the 360 version or £45-49 for the PS3 version. I can't believe it still costs more to buy Sonic the Hedgehog PS3 than the 360 version. You could easily pay the same price as the PS3 version and get all them extras...

You're actually criticising the 360 version because it's the only version with extra missions? I thought that was the PS3 experience all over - end up paying more for a "fuller" experience?

10. Coded-Dude macrumors 6502a

Coded-Dude

there was no criticism in my post.......:confused:
    MacNut seemed confused as to what exclusivities actually existed(if any), I merely posted the facts.

I have no problem paying extra for the content/features I think are worth the cost(PS3 is worth it :p)
    I am in no way saying the extra episodic content is NOT going to be worth the costs.....only that it will actually cost you.

11. SpankyPenzaanz macrumors 6502a

SpankyPenzaanz

Huzzah!!! Just never cared for the series. I hope this spurs M$ into releasing Mass Effect in Oct now instead of Nov. Then agian I will wait as long as necessary for bioware to give me mass effect

12. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

YES! Thanks the gaming gods for this one. This fall is psycho anyway so now I will actually be able to enjoy my other games :)

Most impressions I read said the framerate was a wreck and there was lots of clipping and bugs and the such, and that was on fairly recent builds so it's probably a good thing anyway that they delayed it.

besides I bet it's all cuz they can't fit it all on one DVD without using the hard drive *cough360cough*..... :D

13. Coded-Dude macrumors 6502a

Coded-Dude

14. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

^ lol

I am wondering who this benefits more (or if anyone)?

It's good for Sony because it puts the light on their big games, R&C, Uncharted (although that may be pushed back) Lair (even if it sucks :p) Warhawk Heavenly Sword, UT3 plus all the other 3rd party stuff. Plus, it also makes Q1/2 good for Sony since they could have MGS4, Killzone 2 and then GTAIV which is a good winter/spring hit of games.

MS doesn't have the huge 1st party stuff this holiday I don't think (correct me if I'm wrong) and is pushing Mass Effect (*drool) Bioshock (*drool*) and Halo 3 hard but beyond that I don't think they have many more big exclusives.

15. applekid macrumors 68020

This is great news. Now I know I won't be spending money on a game in October, I think I might put some effort into getting the redesigned PSP for that month.

16. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

Hell I may be one of the only ones (maybe MRU and 2ny will back me up tho :D) but I'm happy about this; I'll have enough games for the next year to keep me busy (especially once Bioshock, Eternal Sonata, and SSF2T:HD come out).

Most of us already have too many games on our "to buy" list, I don't think this is really that earth-shattering, honestly. ;)

17. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

This is bad for me. The only 2 games I want on a "next gen" system are Halo 3 and GTA4. But after just seeing Halo 3's E32007 trailer I'm being very cautious. And now the only 360 game I'm blindly wanting has dropped off into 2008. Still, I'll have Prime and Galaxy to tide me over, and Mario Kart, Smash Bros and GTA4 for the first bit of '08.

18. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Well its not a total lost....we have bioshock, MP:C, warhawk, HS, Lair, Silent Hill: 0rigins coming out which I want so this is really cool for me.

Anytime a game is delayed could be a good thing....tweak that thing to death devs but sometimes they hold it back because of congestion and this fall is really saturated.

Bless

19. cycocelica macrumors 68000

cycocelica

20. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

I haven't played GTA since it was in DOS. :eek:

I've watched friend's play along with some of their kids and it never really appealed to me. To much running around. kind of like WoW. :)

<]=)

21. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yeah I can certainly have your back. I'm kind of relieved, especially since a lot of mine are RPG's and there simply isnt enough hours to play all the games already on our lists as it is :D

So - no it doesn't bother me.

22. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Zero, I'm backing you on that one.....its just too congested for me....this is a sign of relief.

I hope this game lives up to it though...this is the only GTA i'm actually interested in playing.

Bless

23. sarcosis macrumors 6502a

I also agree with zero and 2nyRiggz. I was looking at quite a bill of video games. I'm relieved that there is one less. Halo 3, Mass Effect, and Rock Band/GHIII are quite a bill to be footing for things. I can finally save some cash for the others and can get GTA IV when it does come out better for the 360.

Also, I love Michel Pachter's theory for the reason of this delay. Got to love the hard to program for game development platforms. It costs tons of money now to do it on 360. PS3 is costing even more. Got to love it.