GTA IV: The Lost and the Damned

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by sikkinixx, Feb 17, 2009.

1. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

Sooooooooooo,....... who is snagging this? I traded in my PS3 copy of GTA to EB ($37 tradein) for the 360 version ($35 purchase...nice) and am just downloading it now.

Apparently it's 8-10 hours long, side missions, side mini-games, relationships (....yay) and all that jazz. I swore I wouldn't fall into MS' money hatting but I am so weak I did. A lot of people hated GTA IV but I really did enjoy it, but after it ended there wasn't much else to do.

But yeah....**** you MS for making me buy 2000 of you damn space points. Jerks.

2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I haven't finished the game yet so DLC is out of the question for me plus I'm not even slighty interested in it...oh well.

Bless

3. sikkinixx thread starter macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

^ so bitter 2ny...

I played for a little bit. So far, it's GTA but I like it a lot. Johnny, the main character, has a bit of any annoying voice but as a character I already like him. The gang stuff seems cool as well, like riding in tight formation helps heal you etc. when raising hell.

Already it's a bit more violent than vanilla GTA with some dude getting his face smashed in with a hammer and blood a spewing.

4. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

i gnabbed it. pretty ill... fills in the blanks for the niko story (some at least) and its been fun to play. :eek:

5. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

So PS3 v 360 version differences from your first hand experience. Do you see any ?

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Might snag this but probably wont. I wasn't keen on the mechanics of GTA IV, more of the same isn't going to fix that for me. If I hear people prefer it to the main game then I might give it a shot.

I hear the PS3 version has installation issues.

7. sikkinixx thread starter macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

360 version seems to run a bit smoother, as in the framerate doesn't slow as much (but it still isn't great) but has more noticeable pop-in, especially trees etc. The colours are different BUT my tv is calibrated differently for the 360 and the PS3 inputs so it could just be that.

8. pcypert macrumors 6502

I was a GTA4 hater for a long time. Have come back to playing it lately and am enjoying it more than I did the first time through. I'm intrigued by this expansion as they now have checkpoints throughout missions - my biggest complaint about missions in GTA4

Paul

9. Nick134 macrumors newbie

Nick134

I've completed GTA IV a while back but i really don't know whether TLAD is worth all the points, i found the game quite annoying to play and kinda wish rockstar go back to a San Andreas type story, i do like liberty city (looks beautiful) but annoying lack of mission checkpoints and poor online gameplay puts me off spending the money on the expansion.

10. iSaygoodbye macrumors 6502a

iSaygoodbye

i woulda gotten it the day it came out buy gay microsoft gave me the red rings o death so im gonna be getting it in 2 to 3 weeks

11. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

I had my first go on this today. I wasn't prepared for how much about the game it changes. There are definitely some new rendering filters on the screen, and these alone make it look like a different game.

I swear, if you play this you'll forget all about Niko - it really is that different. And the bike handling is vastly improved.

So far, I'm impressed that so much can be done with the DLC without changing the city. If it's long enough, then it seems like it will be well worth 1600 points.

Looking forward to the second DLC episode now too!

12. iSaygoodbye macrumors 6502a

iSaygoodbye

i just got it and think its better than gta 4

edit: just finished it. a little too short still awesome