GTD Programs - what do you use? :D

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by raymondu999, Feb 21, 2010.

1. raymondu999 macrumors 65816

Hey all!!

I'm a GTD user and I use my Mac and iPhone daily to help me organise my life and of course, "Get Things Done." (how very cliché :p). Personally I only know of The Hit List, Things, Midnight Inbox, the now defunct iGTD, the now defunct Kinkless and OmniFocus with GTD purposes for the Mac. Are there any more out there? Which do you use?

I personally use OmniFocus for its strength, which is, quite simply, features!!! This app has a gazillion features, and also it integrates with GTD real well. It was made in consultation with GTD coaches from the David Allen Company, I believe. Hence why it fits the GTD mentality so much!!

I've stayed away from Things as I hated it, sorry to say. Things is more of a fancy task manager and is missing quite a few features which I consider is a must-have for a GTD app.

I've also stayed away from The Hit List since it's been lacking an iPhone app (grrrr.....) and also hasn't been updated in something like a year...

Any other GTD users out here? And what's your program? :D

PS - Moleskine and pen&paper users welcomed too :D

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

3. macgrl macrumors 65816

I use Things to organise my GTD action lists and projects. I have the app for the iphone too. I like it :)

4. Angelo95210 macrumors 6502a

Angelo95210

I have been using the hipster pda during a long time. I now use Things on my iPhone.

5. raymondu999 thread starter macrumors 65816

Whoa interesting. Only on your iPhone and without the Mac version?

6. Cinder6 macrumors 6502

Cinder6

Not sure if it counts, but I'm currently trying out TaskPaper. Seems pretty dang cool so far, at least for my workflow.

(EDIT: And from what I just read, it probably doesn't count, but I still like it :) )

7. raymondu999 thread starter macrumors 65816

well TaskPaper is really just digital pen and paper isn't it? Used in the right way, I can't see why it can't be GTD :D

Remember, Kinkless GTD was just a script on top of OmniOutliner.

I'm surprised nobody has actually mentioned Evernote. I find it to be one of my favorite capture tools