Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RNeon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 13, 2011
Hey guys,

i´m looking for better drivers for the GTX 680MX in my iMac Late 2012.

At Nvidia there are only for the GTX 680M. Any ideas where i can get better one for better Performance under Windows Bootcamp?

joe-h2o

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2012
Right now just use the latest notebook driver - the 310.70 driver. They had a WHQL set signed by Microsoft on the 17th or 18th.

A few people on the boards have reported that these do give better performance than the stock driver Apple supplies (which is the 306. one I think).

Nvidia should be releasing a driver set that includes specific support for the 680MX in the future I believe.

RNeon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 13, 2011
Thank you guys. Now i´ve installed the drivers you prefered me. And now the Video Card runs great !!! Thank you !!! :)

Buskins

macrumors member
Feb 14, 2012
Thank you guys. Now i´ve installed the drivers you prefered me. And now the Video Card runs great !!! Thank you !!! :)

When you install the drivers, do you have to uninstall the ones Bootcamp Assistant installs when you use Windows Support after getting onto windows side.

joe-h2o

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2012
When you install the drivers, do you have to uninstall the ones Bootcamp Assistant installs when you use Windows Support after getting onto windows side.

No you don't. The Nvidia installer simply installs over them with no problems.

zarf2007

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2010
London, UK
i've installed the nvidia drivers listed above but noticed that when playing far cry 3 the fans are whirring loudly and seem to be running full speed....anyone else had this?

I am running windows 7 off a lcie 256gb thunderbolt external drive (it was wincloned across). I installed the latest bootcamp drivers/windows updates then the nvidia drivers....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.