GTX 680MX Bootcamp Drivers !?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by RNeon, Dec 19, 2012.

1. RNeon macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

i´m looking for better drivers for the GTX 680MX in my iMac Late 2012.

At Nvidia there are only for the GTX 680M. Any ideas where i can get better one for better Performance under Windows Bootcamp?

2. gecko20 macrumors regular

they seem to work ^^
    http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/54629

3. joe-h2o macrumors 6502a

Right now just use the latest notebook driver - the 310.70 driver. They had a WHQL set signed by Microsoft on the 17th or 18th.

A few people on the boards have reported that these do give better performance than the stock driver Apple supplies (which is the 306. one I think).

Nvidia should be releasing a driver set that includes specific support for the 680MX in the future I believe.

4. Razorhog macrumors 65816

Razorhog

310.70 driver works well. Far Cry 3 runs great at native resolution.

5. RNeon thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you guys. Now i´ve installed the drivers you prefered me. And now the Video Card runs great !!! Thank you !!! :)

6. Buskins macrumors member

When you install the drivers, do you have to uninstall the ones Bootcamp Assistant installs when you use Windows Support after getting onto windows side.

7. joe-h2o macrumors 6502a

No you don't. The Nvidia installer simply installs over them with no problems.

8. zarf2007 macrumors regular

i've installed the nvidia drivers listed above but noticed that when playing far cry 3 the fans are whirring loudly and seem to be running full speed....anyone else had this?

I am running windows 7 off a lcie 256gb thunderbolt external drive (it was wincloned across). I installed the latest bootcamp drivers/windows updates then the nvidia drivers....