GTX285 mini display port

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by zoran, Jul 14, 2009.

1. zoran macrumors 68030

What way is there to be able to use this card with the ACD? From what i know it doesn't have a mini display port that the ACD features!

2. Gonk42 macrumors 6502

I think at present you can't.

There are adaptors for mini-display port to DVI but not the other way around.
    (I may be out of date if such an adapter has been produced recently.)

3. skyline r34 macrumors 6502

skyline r34

There is a company called CinemaView their making a look alike Cinema displays and currently developing a DVI-D Dual Link to Mini Displayport adapter that will allow older Mac Pro/PowerMac and MacBook Pro/Powerbook models with DVI-D Dual Link jacks to work with Mini Display-port and this adapter will be available in September that's what the customer service told me at CinemaView in a email but don't know if it will work on Apple LED Cinema displays or if CinemaView will sale the adapter separately but who knows it may work, I feel sorry for the people that got a 24" inch LED with there Mac Pro their not going to be able to use the 285 GTX without a special adapter unless EVGA, Apple or a 3rd party those users with LED Displays are out of luck but you are able to use the 285 GTX with the current 30 inch Cinema display HD but not the 24" inch LED Cinema, I'm holding off on the 285 GTX, waiting to see what the connections will be on the LED 30 inch or what adapters it will come with, my advice if you want to use this the 285 GTX just buy a DVi display.