GTX675MX or wait for GTX680MX

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Tombs, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Tombs macrumors regular

Tombs

Hi MacRumours land, just about to drop an order for a custom built imac to include a GTX680MX but I saw earlier in PC World (PurleyWay Croydon) the 27imac GTX675mx which I could go back and pick up immediately. Anyone here with the 675 want to chip in with how they are finding the machine? I will be using it in both OS and bootcamp mode, gaming (BF3, Crysis etc), business and photoshop etc..
    Also does the 675 only use 1GB of its own ram or will it take on some the memory that’s installed?
    Cheers

Tom

2. Towelie1288 macrumors regular

Towelie1288

i definitely advise you to get the 680MX for gaming its a beast and since you want to play cyris and bf3
    i am running planetside 2 on it and it running smooth as hell

3. HenryDJP macrumors 603

Look, I don't have the machine but my take is since you will be gaming on this, it's a no-brainer to get the top of the line GPU. I did this when I got my 2011 iMac through Applecare. Apple replaced my defective 2009 with a brand new 2011 27" (Made in USA :)) and immediately I asked them over the phone if I could upgrade to the top of the line 2GB GPU and they added it to the order. I do play games, but only games in OS X but I wanted the best GPU.

If you have to ask, get the top GPU. Again, it's a no-brainer.

4. Tombs thread starter macrumors regular

Tombs

5. Confuzzzed macrumors 68000

Confuzzzed

Besides, delivery lag times seem to be dropping so I wouldn't expect you to have to wait as long as you would imagine. Not to mention with all this snow you may not be able to get to your out of town PC world this weekend anyway