Guaranteed launch week stock (UK)?

Smfdurham

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2018
I’m excited to get my first Apple Watch! But missed the boat for pre orders...

With Apple quoting 3-4 weeks on their website is there likely to be stock in Apple stores for walk ins? And are there other retailers that typically get stock for launch day in the UK (John Lewis perhaps).

Thanks!

ukms

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2015
Dubai, UAE
I’m excited to get my first Apple Watch! But missed the boat for pre orders...

With Apple quoting 3-4 weeks on their website is there likely to be stock in Apple stores for walk ins? And are there other retailers that typically get stock for launch day in the UK (John Lewis perhaps).

Thanks!
I’ve had success in the past with JL for new products both online and walk-in ..... I’m not sure when their online goes live but possibly the day before for delivery on launch day.

Reactions: Smfdurham

johnyslats

macrumors 65816
Mar 14, 2012
Leeds, UK
Great I’ll keep an eye out with JL, appreciate it
JL go on sale 8am Friday for Saturday delivery/pickup. All models are listed on the site now if you want to mark a favourite in your account for a speedy checkout. Better be quick though JL is likely to get hammered

Smfdurham

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2018
JL go on sale 8am Friday for Saturday delivery/pickup. All models are listed on the site now if you want to mark a favourite in your account for a speedy checkout. Better be quick though JL is likely to get hammered
Great tip thanks!

Do Apple have history for shipping ahead of predicted date? The date now is mid October but if that has the potential to move forward I might just order on apple’s site. I presume I could cancel my pre order prior to shipping if I found one earlier elsewhere?

johnyslats

macrumors 65816
Mar 14, 2012
Leeds, UK
Great tip thanks!

Do Apple have history for shipping ahead of predicted date? The date now is mid October but if that has the potential to move forward I might just order on apple’s site. I presume I could cancel my pre order prior to shipping if I found one earlier elsewhere?
Yes you can cancel before it goes to preparing for dispatch. Apple are generally conservative with their shipping windows, however I’d say you’d only get bumped to a few days before the 1st date of your window maximum. I’d therefore reckon no earlier than 10th October direct from Apple so you’ll be better served trying your luck with JL, then perhaps Currys and Argos. From memory JL stock a wider range of the available models/finishes

Astcooper

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2012
Essex, UK
A couple of years ago for the series 2 I preordered and by the time I got confirmation it was 2-3 weeks shipping time. 2 days after release I checked the Apple store app at 6am on the advice of a poster here and saw a number for pick up at local apple stores.

Ordered one and later that day picked it up from Covent Garden. Seems Apples stockpile is much deeper than online shipping forecasts and it always seems a bit unfair that 8am launch day preorders don’t get fulfilled before lucky store walk ins etc.... but having again got a 2-3 week shipping estimate I’ll be trying the same this year also.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.