Guess at "Skylake" MBP release date?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MortyUA, Sep 16, 2015.

1. MortyUA, Sep 16, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2015

MortyUA macrumors newbie

Dear all,

Sorry if this is off topic or a total n00b question. :) I'm new to Apple, and will replace my Windows 8.1 laptop later this year.

Given the "Hey Siri" event a couple of days ago, and Apple's pattern of when media events are held, does someone have a good guess on when new Intel "Skylake" based Macbook Pro's might be released?

Also, the same question for the Mac Mini -- is there a fair guess? I think it's harder to guess at the next Mini release date, because the Mac Mini upgrade cycle is more variable?

Thanks!

2. n-evo macrumors 65816

n-evo

3. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

Later this year or early next year.

Really, the chips are released so the only thing holding back Apple is Apple. And none of us would know what they would do.

4. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

5. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

The chips for the rMBP's aren't released yet (take a look at intels road map they posted it on mac rumours).

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/09/02/intel-skylake-notebooks-desktops/

OP the roadmap in question shows Q1 next year for the chips so i'd say march/april, the mini use the same chips as the 13 inch pro so it'll be around the same time.

6. MortyUA thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you all very much! So ... no clear consensus, but most likely Apple will wait for the Intel CPUs with the right on-CPU graphics config. Thanks!

7. Sirmausalot macrumors 6502a

Sirmausalot

July, 2016.