iPad Guess I'm Not the Only One...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Battlefield Fan, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Battlefield Fan macrumors 65816

Battlefield Fan

2. MisterDisney macrumors 6502a

Bought the new model of a tech product 6 months ago, and now there's a new one... /sad face

3. ninermac macrumors member

Wasn't happy myself, but what's the alternative? The crazy upgrade cycle of the Android world?

Personally I think they probably hoped to have the A6X in the 3rd generation much like they had done for the other two iPads... pioneering new SOCs with them. I bet the A6 slipped because it was their first "from the ground up" SOC and had the A5X as a backup plan.

4. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

5. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

What are they really supposed to do? Hold back product updates that are ready to go just because of some arbitrary release cycle that some want to hold them to? It's a dog eat dog world in the mobile device market and Apple right now is the big dog. They want to stay that way and sitting on a finished product until March when it is ready to ship before Christmas would be idiotic and the sign of poor management.

Truth of the matter is this. Your iPad is just as good today as it was 2 weeks ago. Is it the latest and greatest now? No, but that doesn't make it bad or inferior. If the feature and spec gap between the 3 and 4 are important to you....then upgrade. Otherwise, just relax and enjoy your iPad.

6. monaarts macrumors 65816

72% of statistics are 37% wrong, 94% of the time. ;)

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. So many feel that they have to have the latest & greatest all of the time.

8. Yr Blues, Oct 30, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2012

Yr Blues macrumors 68020

did it stop doing what you want it to do? i bet you were happy with it the day before the keynote.

/firstworldproblems

posted from an A1181 MacBook

look at how spoiled you are. you have every mac gadget that came out within a year

9. RTbar macrumors regular

for a lot of people the appeal of the iPad was to not get sucked into the cycle of constant upgrades, and by sticking with apple and iPads, they only had to worry about upgrading once a year, plus resale took a hit as well

10. mac jones macrumors 68040

Yeah I'm unhappy. I wish they had updated it sooner. ;)

Ipad4 en route/Ipad3 4sale

11. Dc2006ster macrumors regular

Just because a device is not the latest does not mean it is obsolete. If it still does what you want it to do there is no problem.

We have a a G5, 6 yr old Mac Pro. 4th gen iPod and iPad 2 all are working great. No need to upgrade.

12. c1phers macrumors regular

I remember being an employee at BB and a computer had a max shelf life of 3 weeks. 6 months is a very long time in the tech world! ;)

13. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

While it's true my iPad 3 does all I want it to do, and I'm still happy with it, I still feel I've been kicked in the balls. The fact is, it is now an instant, expensive footnote. It was a placeholder for the 4, no question. Had I suspected, six months ago, that it would soon be replaced with a much faster processor, I would have waited. My iPad 1 was still doing all I wanted at that point. So you can yammer 'til the cows come home about how no one should complain, we have every right to our opinions, and our complaints. We paid for the right.

14. poloponies macrumors 68030

Resale took what kind of hit? Notwithstanding the fact that counting on a steady and predictable resale value on this type of device is a little silly, exactly how much less is this worth today?

15. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I don't know about place holder. Remember, when the iPad 3 came out, the retina screen was a huge deal, and everyone had been clamoring for it. Of course, if I knew back then that a new model with faster CPU will come out in October, I'd have waited. But now that I have the iPad 3, I'll simply skip the 4 and wait for the 5. The end result is that either way, Apple has gotten me to skip a gen, so, I'm not complaining.

16. BaBaBoooooooey macrumors regular

BaBaBoooooooey

Its almost like the company wants to make money. Crazy.
    How does them releasing a newer product make yours immediately work worse?
    Calm yourself.
    If they would have waited till feb to release the 4th gen, then everyone would have complained that it wasnt a full redesign.
    So either way there is complaints.

PS. nice username. Battlefield is amazing.

17. steve dave macrumors 6502a

Well it is good to see that you excelled at the "being a liar" part of being a best buy employee.

18. Ih8reno macrumors 65816

Ih8reno

People should get over this. You have a great device which will more then likely be supported for at least 2 years (unlike most android devices) that still does everything you bought it for.

19. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Go Battlefield.

Anyway, that survey screams people trying to justify their new purchase.

20. Southernboyj macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

21. Battlefield Fan thread starter macrumors 65816

Battlefield Fan

I know I'm really blessed and won't certainly upgrade till the 5th or 6th generation. It just throws off the whole update cycle. As a consumer it's annoying. Will apple still update the iPad in March?
    Let me know if you're looking for some people to play bf3 for some squad teamwork.
    Beep beep!#

22. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

23. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

24. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

That's why in the gadget world it makes no sense waiting to purchase the next best thing, because it never last that long.