iPhone Guess I'm stupid but I cannot figure out how to create a reminder

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by james92se, Jul 18, 2013.

1. james92se macrumors 6502a

Go to Reminders, see several "tabs". The iCloud Reminders tab has all my reminders in there from before iOS 7. If I pull up that tab it has my reminders in a list and has an "edit" option in the top right corner. Edit only allows me to delete existing reminders. I can also "show completed" but I cannot find anywhere where to create a NEW task.

If I go back to the main view with all the tabs I can select "New List" at the top. If I type a reminder it seemingly only adds a new tab/title. It never lets me select a time/date. It lets me choose a color and that's it. I also see an alarm clock type icon at the top right of the main view but that just shows me my scheduled reminders.

What in the world am I missing or overlooking here?

2. falkedup macrumors regular

Just tap in a blank spot(same as ios6)

Then hit the i to edit time location etc

3. ominx macrumors 6502

You're missing the obvious! Just touch any blank space/line and you can create a new reminder.

4. james92se thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hahah, wow, thanks guys. Definitely a dummy here.

5. Unhyper macrumors regular

Unhyper

I had this exact same problem. I kept making new lists. I don't think it's as intuitive and obvious as it could be.

6. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

I consider myself pretty tech-savvy and it took me a while to figure this out as well. Definitely not intuitive.

7. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Yep, very tech savvy here and for some reason it wasn't as intuitive as it previously was. No idea why.

8. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

iOS 6 has a plus button as well as the tap in a blank spot function. So people who don't know about the tap in a blank spot trick can just press the plus button.

9. james92se thread starter macrumors 6502a

It's nice to know I wasn't the only one! It makes sense now in hindsight of course but before I knew better it wasn't intuitive to me at all to just press in the blank space, especially since there is the plus sign in the top to create a new tab. I was looking for some other plus sign or something

10. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

you could always tell siri to make a reminder, you can edit all input now so it's not like she'll never be able to understand you

11. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

It needs a least a + button on the next line or some other indication of what to do.

12. C DM macrumors Westmere

But that will not fit in with Apple's idea of simplicity of iOS 7. ;-)

13. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I think it's simple and very brilliant. It adds a visual indicator to show where the user should tap, but does not take up extra space in the UI. I mean, the space is blank anyway, so why not employ it for something useful?

14. C DM macrumors Westmere

Oh I agree completely. I was essentially joking about the occasional almost thoughtless oversimplification of things in the new simplistic iOS 7 design.

15. Densi macrumors member

Really Apple? I have to scroll down maybe 50 rows to add the new task in the next empty row... #

please give us a + at the top.

16. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Great point. Do send feedback.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/

17. Densi macrumors member