Guess new iMacs will not be here till June-July

Discussion in 'iMac' started by pectin232, Feb 16, 2012.

1. pectin232 macrumors 6502

According to news that intel will be delaying shipping Ivy Bridge CPUs. I know on the consumer side it will be affected but Apple? As Apple, HP, Dell etc all buy on volume. Will this affect the release of the new iMacs 2012 till June or July even? I guess many have to buy it then

2. Bear macrumors G3

the next iMac release will come when it comes. Digitimes is not always correct in what it reports. Apple has been known to get Intel chips early on occasion. And larger batches on initial release.

Still I'd say 2 to 4 months for new iMacs is a good guess.

3. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

This "news" on Intel is a rumor, without reliable sources really. Before even thinking about this, we should wait someone tells us that's not merely a rumor.

4. dreilly1982 macrumors newbie

What are the chances of hearing something from Apple prior to the actual refresh, or will it just happen one night in the Apple Store? I ask as I am planning on getting a new iMac as a post deployment present to myself. I won't be home though until late March/early April, so I have a bit of time to hold out. If we heard something concrete, I have the patience to hold out, especially if USB 3 is going to be included, if not I the current top of the line model has enough power to last me many years. Given what we know, when might we hear something RELIABLE as to the actual release date?

5. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

Personally, I don't think we'll see any new Macs until Mountain Lion is ready.

I'm guessing ML may debut with a refreshed iMac or Air. Possibly redesign for the iMac.

6. Shadow1psc macrumors newbie

As a previous employee, I can at least confirm that any time there were refreshes, we wouldn't know until the morning of. This includes Managers, as they'd get the update in their morning bulletins, and BoH would get stock about the time the store opens.

7. Bear macrumors G3

Sometimes you hear about an Apple announcement that will be happing that people are invited to and strong rumors about what will be announced. Sometimes the updates just happen.

Since you're looking at March/April, you should probably look at what rumors are around then and if any of them are strong rumors.

8. Shadow1psc macrumors newbie

Refreshes generally aren't hyped nor given a target date, even by rumors. I remember walking in to work to the aluminum Mac Mini update and being completely floored. Ditto on the Apple TV update.

9. forty2j macrumors 68030

forty2j

It's VERY hard to discount the possibility that Digitimes is reporting grumblings from other manufacturers because Apple bought up virtually the entire first shipments.

10. pectin232 thread starter macrumors 6502

I hope Apple got the first shipment of the Ivy Bridge's but no one really knows...I can only hope so....with the amount of competition going on now. What's up with the stock anyway... $530+ then down to $490+ and now up again. Come'on make up your mind.... 8)

11. Acorn macrumors 68020

Acorn

apple has quite a few products that need updating. I hate having so many needing updates at once. you know it wont all happen at the same time so it just kills you inside which one will be first and when. it could be days or months.

12. alksion macrumors 68000

alksion

The 2011 iMacs were released before Lion and many of those people were offered free upgrades, so my best guess is that this will happen with the 2012 iMacs as well.

13. bobright macrumors 601

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

So, it's confirmed shipments have been "bought up" and sold already? That we do know?