Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ReallyBigFeet

macrumors 68030
Apr 15, 2010
Dude. Come back and talk to me after the announcement. :rolleyes:

My point is that there is a clear precedent here for them to drop the price. They've done just that before, by far more $$ to boot, all as a means of keeping their fans happy and their detractors greedy.

They've also given out gift cards before.

LordOBoogie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2009
My point is that there is a clear precedent here for them to drop the price. They've done just that before, by far more $$ to boot, all as a means of keeping their fans happy and their detractors greedy.

They've also given out gift cards before.

The prices were much higher and the situation much different then. And there wasn't a problem with the phone--they just wanted to ramp up sales. Big difference.

hyped1

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2009
Austin, Tx
They aren't going to lower the price of a phone that launched less than 30 days ago. :rolleyes:

They won't lower the price of the phone PERIOD! Stocks would plummet if their biggest selling phone ever needs to take a profit loss due to bad press! That would be suicide. Like experts have stated, WE will buy iPhone 5 regardless, or even iPhone 4gs so long as SJ admits there is a problem and they find suitable solution...in fact most people are locked into this cult so bad they'll buy anything apple regardless and make excuses for apple! :eek:

I saw in another thread people excusing how the batch of poorly designed cases was causing issues when using the flash to take pics. Some people went so far as to say they were ok with case defect and did not care to use the flash anyway..or rarely would use it! That's just plain sad when it's a feature of a phone, a useful one that people are excusing not using. Kind of like the other feature everyone excuses, the actual PHONE part of the phone! :rolleyes:

tlbwriter

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2008
I just don't see them holding a press conference just to say "nothing to see here; move along." I think something is going to happen. I don't know what, but something.

Disclaimer: I've been wrong before. ;)

livingonvideo13

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2009
Current users with get a $50 gift card. They can can use it to buy a bumper if they already bought a bumper, something else.

New Customers will have the option to order a free online bumper.

Apple may change their production to start including the new "isolated" antenna in the near future. If you really want one, you can do a swap at the apple store or online.

LordOBoogie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2009
I just don't see them holding a press conference just to say "nothing to see here; move along." I think something is going to happen. I don't know what, but something.

Disclaimer: I've been wrong before. ;)

Wow. This is really going out on a limb. I like your style. ;)

bholaladka

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
I can not believe websites are not organizing contests around what apple is going to do...lol

anyways,
$50 off would make my phone only $50 but I think that won't cut it for many people who are having the antenna issue. :)

ipodlover77

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2009
Current users with get a $50 gift card. They can can use it to buy a bumper if they already bought a bumper, something else.

Apple may change their production to start including the new "isolated" antenna in the near future. If you really want one, you can do a swap at the apple store or online.

what would stop users from picking up the gift card and then returning the phone?

drewc1138

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2007

I think this is pretty spot on. Not TOO sure about the last part with allowing you to trade in for free, but we'll see.

Giving out free bumpers would just piss off everyone who a) already bought a bumper or b) already have a case {like me}.

vincenz

macrumors 601
Oct 20, 2008
Prediction:

No monetary compensation. No free bumpers. Phone is working as it should be. The "problem" is explained.

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
$50 gift card for any Apple product (iTunes included) and a free bumper for those who want it. But if Steve Jobs doesn't address all the rumors that they knew before release, he may find himself in front of the Senate.

TRAG

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2009
Louisiana, USA
You're all wrong.

Steve Jobs will be announcing his plans to join the Miami Heat.

:eek: HAHAHA. I can imagine it now. "I, Steve Jobs, will be taking my talents as CEO and point guard to South Beach. Free black and white iPhones for all fans at the first game!"

Tronic

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2009
There will be nothing free offered during the press conference unless they have decided to do some type of coating, at which point you could just walk into an Apple store at your convenience and get it swapped. They will ID the problem, admit they let us down but give the excuse that they only did so by pushing technology so far ahead of everyone else, and then they will propose a remedy (most likely software). Any hardware changes will have the public up in arms because everyone will want to trade their 4 in even if they aren't having signal problems.

Then they will let us know we can pre-order the white model starting on X which will make everyone happy.

And a super long stretch, one I don't believe will happen but you never know, is info on a Verizon deal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.