Guess the iPhone HD's final design

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cod3rror, May 26, 2010.

?

Final design

1. Will have both the seams and the screw holes

56 vote(s)
    47.5%
  2. Will have neither the seams nor the screw holes

20 vote(s)
    16.9%
  3. Will have the seams but no screw holes

31 vote(s)
    26.3%
  4. Will have the screw holes, but no seams

11 vote(s)
    9.3%
  1. Cod3rror macrumors 68000

Cod3rror

What's it gonna be?

[​IMG]

The winner gets a smiley!

2. NorrisKillsKids macrumors 6502a

I'm gonna say the one on the left with the screws, only because the 3G/S had screws that were visible.

3. cobie454 macrumors regular

cobie454

I predict it will be the one on the left, to me it looks better for some reason

4. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=9958623&postcount=13

5. alex.sebenski macrumors member

alex.sebenski

The one on the left with screws is more likely because it looks like the 3GS but if apple could get rid of the screws they would. Maybe the one on the left was just a stepping stone prototype form and then the final copy was the one without screws.
    Sans screws is good for the end user, but then it would have to be easier to just 'pop' apart, and that's not good for the end user. You'd see iphones breaking open. No thanks.

6. Cod3rror thread starter macrumors 68000

Cod3rror

You maybe right, though the one without the screws wasn't just "popped it", it had a screw on the side, hidden under the size lot cover.

[​IMG]

7. angevil macrumors regular

Am I the only one who sees only words SCREW HOLES SCREW HOLES SCREW HOLES in this thread? :D

Btw, I think it will have the seams and the screws.

8. Liam8 macrumors 6502

Liam8

9. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

That sounds a lot like: "You can't make an iPhone screen out of glass. You'd see iPhone screens breaking. No thanks."

And yeah...I've seen iPhone screens break.

That didn't stop Apple from making them, though.

10. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

My guess is that they prototyped the hidden-screw design but decided in the end that one tiny screw wasn't sufficient to hold an entire phone together.

11. NathanCH macrumors 65816

NathanCH

Are you trying to be ironic?

For me, I prefer no screws and hope there is no screws. I don't see any reason for them =/

12. malnar macrumors 6502a

malnar

How do people not believe there aren't going to be seams in the new Iphone. They've been in every single shot we've seen of every version, even in parts. They're going to be there, and they appear to be filled with something that looks like black rubber - they're probably dampening for shock absorption. I welcome the seams if that's what they're for. Bring 'em on. Not that I thought they were that big of a deal to begin with like others did.

13. AMcBroom81 macrumors regular

AMcBroom81

I voted for the one on the left because I think that is more likely.

On a side note, has anyone else noticed that the speaker and mic ports are smaller on the prototype on the left because of the screws? I wonder if this will affect sound quality and mic quality?

14. wjlafrance macrumors 6502

Screw holes. Screw holes. Screw the holes.

Someone should make a poll: Do you care if there's screw holes on the bottom of the new iPhone?

I'm kinda salty that there's been so many leaks lately. This poll is basically "Which leak do you think is more legit?"

15. Cod3rror thread starter macrumors 68000

Cod3rror

16. MadMacxxx macrumors 6502a

MadMacxxx

agreed

17. Crp- macrumors newbie

the left one, because the camera looks way better in that version

18. Speedracer04 macrumors 6502a

Speedracer04

Seams + Screw holes. Screws are for ease of assembly/disassembly and repair.

19. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

I voted for seams + no screws just because it is a lot more iPad like. But I think the screws will be there :(.

20. Shwonx macrumors member

21. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

this is my thinking.

22. ajones46 macrumors 6502

How come no one seems to think that the iPhone that has been floating around was nothing more than a prototype and will never see full scale production. I don't think we'll see a design change at all, i think it'll be exactly the same as it has been for years.

23. Switchview macrumors newbie

24. army91c macrumors 6502a

I think the 4g iPhone will have the screws no doubt. I love how some people kept saying the screws were "so un-apple"...... ever seen a 3g/3gs?

25. Gamst macrumors regular

Gamst

I just hope the build quality is better on the new iPhone, in-fact I'd pay double to have a consistent and solid iPhone! I've owned the 3G and 3GS and had replacements for various issues. Only once has the screen been completely level. The one I have now is wonky by at least 1mm, while this isn't worth me getting it replaced, it's shoddy. Same with the gaps by the bezel and uneven seal. I always expected Apple products to be a premium high quality product, the iPhone isn't that in terms of build quality. It's still my favourite phone I've ever owned(possibly favourite ever piece of technology!).

You can't blame Apple I guess, they knock these devices together in a sweat shop full of modern day slaves and sell them for maybe twenty times what it cost to produce them. That's why they are making as much money as they are.

I'd definitely be prepared to pay a lot more for an iPhone if they could guarantee it'd be built better or least if they employed a QC department that were either more strict or knew what they are doing!

From what I have seen of the leaked pictures, if looks like a solid device, it'd be nice if there were no gaps on the new one. I find dust gets in between the bezel and the seal too easily on the current design and is very hard to clean.